Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Background image appears behind my main content

Hi,

I am trying to get the background on the center of my pages to appear white like the side bars, when i have my background set with an image, i have spent hours looking for the answer but with no joy.

The image shows my problem,

Any Ideas?

Thanks

Play around with something like this:

Code:
    CSS:

body {
       background-image: url(my_background.gif);
    }

#wrapper {
       background:#fff;
    }

HTML:

<html>
    <body>
    <div id="wrapper">
    ...my website code.....
    </div>
    </body>
    </html>

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply,

Could you tell me which files i need to edit please, as i find actinic a bit daunting, am i to assume that i should edit the actinic stylesheet.

As for the HTML i'm not sure either.

Thanks

Comment

Yup, it's the style sheet (in the design tab) you need to change. Just replace the relevant code with what's been offered above.
        Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

OK i did that but its all white again including out side the main area

Comment

Try swapping what you've put for the body and wrapper tags
            Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

No That didn't seem to work either, but i guess we are on the right lines!!

Comment

Provide a URL, so much easier to fix then.

Comment

The url is www.coreelementz.com/acatalog

At the moment its white all over, i don't seem to be able to make the code given above work.

I have been trying to fix this for months

Comment

What's your background image called?

Comment

Replace:

<table width="930" border="0" align="center" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" >

With:

<table width="930" border="0" align="center" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">

Comment

Hi Rural web

Thanks for response.

The code you have give goes where?

i have looked in the style sheet and the html and can't find that line anywhere.

Comment

It will be towards the very top of your outer layout, the very top level of the site design. Accessible from either the design tab or the design library. Please backup before you play.

Comment

OK

this is the code for the top level of the site

which i think is the home page that is in the tree on the right.....

Code:
                            </head>

<body onload="<actinic:variable name="OnLoadScript" value="PreloadImages" />">

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22Wiz1%5fDesignStyle%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22Shrinks%20and%20Grows%20Dynamically%22">
                            <!-- design stretches and grows with the browser window -->
                            	<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0">
                            </actinic:block>
                            <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22Wiz1%5fDesignStyle%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22Fixed%20Width%20%2d%20Centered%22">
                            <!-- fixed width design - centred -->
                            	<table width="<actinic:variable name="Wiz2_DesignWidth" />" border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" align="center">
                            <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22Wiz1%5fDesignStyle%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22Fixed%20Width%20%2d%20Left%20Aligned%22">
                            <!-- fixed width design - left aligned -->
                            	<table width="<actinic:variable name="Wiz2_DesignWidth" />" border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0">
                            	<tr>
                            		<td style="background-color: <actinic:variable name="Wiz_TopBarColor" />;<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22Wiz%5fBorders%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22Yes%22">border: solid 1px <actinic:variable name="Wiz_BorderColor" />; border-right: 0;</actinic:block>" >
                            			<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20%22Brochure%22">
                            				<actinic:variable name="CompanyLogoImage" />
                            			<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22Brochure%22" >
                            				<actinic:variable name="BrochureLogoImage" />
                            		</td>
                            		<td align="right" style="background-color: <actinic:variable name="Wiz_TopBarColor" />;<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22Wiz%5fBorders%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22Yes%22">border: solid 1px <actinic:variable name="Wiz_BorderColor" />; border-left: 0;</actinic:block>" nowrap="nowrap">
                            			<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22Wiz7%5fCartFunctions%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20%22Top%22" >
                            			&nbsp;
                            			<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22Wiz7%5fCartFunctions%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22Top%22">
                            		background: #fff 	<!-- shopping cart summary is shown at the top -->
                            			<div class="sidebox" style="width: 170px;">
                            				<div class="boxhead"><h2><actinic:variable name="CartCaption" /></h2></div>
                            				<div class="boxbody" align="center">
                            	   		<p style="font-weight: bold; margin-bottom: 5px;"><actinic:variable value="Shopping Cart Summary In A Line" name="ShoppingCartSummary" /></p>
                            				<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22Wiz%5fButtons%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22CSS%20Buttons%22"><p class="text_menu"><actinic:variable name="NavigationIcon" value="Checkout CSS Button" /><actinic:variable name="NavigationIcon" value="View Cart CSS Button" /></p></actinic:block>
                            				<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22Wiz%5fButtons%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22Images%22"><p style="margin: 0;"><actinic:variable value="View Cart Image Navigation Button" name="NavigationIcon" /><actinic:variable value="Checkout Image Navigation Button" name="NavigationIcon" /></p></actinic:block></td>
                            				</div>
                            			</div>
                            		</td>
                            	</tr>
                            	<tr>
                            		<td style="background-color: <actinic:variable name="Wiz_SecondBarColor" />;<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22Wiz%5fBorders%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22Yes%22">border: solid 1px <actinic:variable name="Wiz_BorderColor" />; border-right: 0; border-top: 0;</actinic:block>">
                            		<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22Wiz%5fButtons%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22CSS%20Buttons%22">
                            			<div>
                            			<p class="text_menu" align="left"><actinic:variable value="Home CSS Button" name="NavigationIcon" if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22HomePageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20%270%27" /><actinic:variable value="Sitemap CSS Button" name="NavigationIcon" if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsIncludeToSiteMap%22%20%2f%3e" /><actinic:variable name="NavigationIcon" value="Terms CSS Button" /><actinic:variable name="NavigationIcon" value="Search CSS Button" /><actinic:variable value="Store Top CSS Button" name="NavigationIcon" if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsNavBarTopSectionOmitted%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20TRUE" /><actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22Section%22"><actinic:variable value="Up A Level CSS Button" name="NavigationIcon" if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22SectionLevel%22%20%2f%3e%20%3e%200" /></actinic:block><actinic:variable name="NavigationIcon" value="Contact Us CSS Button" /></p>
                            			</div>
                            		<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22Wiz%5fButtons%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22Images%22" >
                            			<div>
                            			<p class="text_menu" align="left"><actinic:variable value="Home Image Navigation Button" name="NavigationIcon" if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22HomePageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20%270%27" /><actinic:variable value="Sitemap Image Navigation Button" name="NavigationIcon" if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsIncludeToSiteMap%22%20%2f%3e" /><actinic:variable name="NavigationIcon" value="Terms Image Navigation Button" /><actinic:variable value="Search Image Navigation Button" name="NavigationIcon" /><actinic:variable value="Store Top Image Navigation Button" name="NavigationIcon" if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsNavBarTopSectionOmitted%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20TRUE" /><actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22Section%22"><actinic:variable value="Up A Level Image Navigation Button" name="NavigationIcon" if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22SectionLevel%22%20%2f%3e%20%3e%200" /></actinic:block><actinic:variable value="Contact Us Image Navigation Button" name="NavigationIcon" /></p>
                            			</div>
                            		</td>
                            		<td align="right" style="background-color: <actinic:variable name="Wiz_SecondBarColor" />;<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22Wiz%5fBorders%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22Yes%22">border: solid 1px <actinic:variable name="Wiz_BorderColor" />; border-left: 0; border-top: 0;</actinic:block>" nowrap="nowrap">
                            			<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22Wiz6%5fQuickSearch%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20%22Top%22">

Can you see it ?????

Comment

7th and 11th and 15th lines down by the looks of it to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X