Weird Layout problem,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird Layout problem,

I am still finidng my feet and experimenting with a design layout at the mo,

As I am new to Actinic I wanted to spend some time making my own layout to help learn how it all works and fits together,

I feel I am making progress but have hit a problem I dont seem to be able to pin down,

Most links and pages work fine untill you hit the view cart, Checkout or login buttons in the top nav, The whole layout falls apart, Im thinking the pages are not seeing the correct css or I am missing a setting somewere,

Any help much appreciated with this.

URL is http://www.digi-com.co.uk

Have a look on the design tab for "Select Page Type" dropdown. Go to Shopping Cart, Checkout Page 0 etc. and edit from there.

Comment

Hi,

I could not find the select page type in the design tab, But found something very simlar in the site options box, and all pages that are showing screwed up are set to the same as the default page layout

Any help appreciated

Comment

Help > Help Topics > The 'Design' Tab > Editing Other Actinic Pages

There is even a picture of the Select Page Type drop-down there!

Comment

Ahh I do see what you mean now, I checked all of the pages in design view and they all look fine, Its only after publishing to web these pages get messed up,

Comment

Hi,

Can you try moving the link to your 'Orange.css' file after the Base HREF variable in the overall layout. I suspect that because it is the wrong way around the base href is not being added to the link so it's looking for it in the cgi-bin rather than the acatalog folder.
            Tracey
            SellerDeck

Comment

Originally posted by TraceyG View Post
              Hi,

Can you try moving the link to your 'Orange.css' file after the Base HREF variable in the overall layout. I suspect that because it is the wrong way around the base href is not being added to the link so it's looking for it in the cgi-bin rather than the acatalog folder.
              Spot on! Massive Thanks x

As I said in my first post I was 99% sure it was .css related.

New problem, Any ideas why the starter text in the search box is offset and weird?

Its ok when I click to type inside but looks weird on page load, Is this a conflict in the 2 css files?

Comment

New problem, Any ideas why the starter text in the search box is offset and weird?

Its ok when I click to type inside but looks weird on page load, Is this a conflict in the 2 css files?
                I'm afraid that I don't know why this is happening. I've copied your 'Orange.css' file and then copied the code you have for your simplesearch field and it works perfectly in my software. I don't know if any other css experts can see why this is happening.
                Tracey
                SellerDeck

Comment

I'd hazard a guess at 2 things
                  1) your text is too long/big for the input box (which is rather small!)
                  2) you have padding of 4px in your input declaration in the Orange.css

See if playing with these 2 makes a difference
                  Tracey

Comment

1. You have a global input style tag in your CSS, usually not a good idea
                    2. You have default text which is longer than the size of the field itself

Comment

ditto, touche and all that......

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
                        ditto, touche and all that......
                        great minds 'n' all that!

*ignores anyone who starts with the 'fools never....' variant!*
                        Tracey

Comment

Thanks for the advice peeps.

think I have the search box nailed down.

Comment

Working...
                          X