Aligning Section Images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aligning Section Images

I am currently struggling to get my section images positioned correctly and cannot figure out what I need to change to get them looking right.

I using a 4 column layout which looks fine when I have 4 or more products in the section as seen on this page: Golf Club Head Covers
    but if I have three or less products the spacing is all wrong as can be seen here: Zero Friction Golf Tees.

I would like them to the evenly spaced across the page and suspect it is a simple fix involving align="center" in the correct position or similar but nothing I have tried has worked.
    I have tried changing the column count from 4 to 3 in this section but it has no effect.
    Darren Guppy
    Golf Tee Warehouse
    Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Hi,

The Golf Tees section doesn't seem to be in columns anymore so I can't see what's wrong but maybe this knowledgebase article might help.
    Last edited by KB2; 22-Mar-2010, 04:11 PM. Reason: Updating kb links
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Delve into the list layout, i suspect the first, middle and last row settings are either different or you have the cells centering which can give you erratic results if a row is not filled up.

Comment

I have just reverted the layout back again so the problem can be seen.

(I changed it temporarily while working on a different section layout for other products types)

I have looked in the list layout and cannot see anything obvious to me.
        Darren Guppy
        Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

Looks like left aligned cells to me, but only 3 cells to fill so the space of the 4th gets divided between the qualifying 3. Put a border on the table you will see whats happening then.

Comment

Lee, you are correct but what code should I add to center align the cells.
            Centering the cells should be simple but everything I tried failed to center the data correctly.
            Darren Guppy
            Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

<td align="center"> instead of either <td> or <td align="left"> should do it. If that doesn't work, leave that part there and check that section layouts are not being aligned or floated left. You really need to get yourself firefox and firebug, it'd be a 2 minute fix if you did, click on 'inspect' and look at your code in real time.

Comment

I have already tried the <td align="center"> without success.

You really need to get yourself firefox and firebug
                I have and use it regularly and had used it on this occasion, although on looking again I have found a "float: left" which is causing the problem (although just removing it breaks the Product Box),

I will need to take a proper loom later today and should be able to get things looking correct without any further help.

Thanks Lee

EDIT: I also needed to remove a "display:inline" which was added for some reason that I cannot remember.

Removing float:left and display:inline has fixed the problem fully.
                Darren Guppy
                Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

Looks good Darren, nice looking site too.

Comment

Hopefully it will be ready to launch soon at which point I will be asking for a Site Review
                    Darren Guppy
                    Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

Working...
                    X