New Actinic Designer - anyone heared of

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Actinic Designer - anyone heared of

Has anyone heared of http://www.ee-scape.com/acatalog/Actinic_Templates.html

They have for sale (IMO) a fab template here http://www.ee-scape.com/advanced-template/index.html but I have a few issues.

Like a lot of other people I don't have the money for a professional custom design. Want my site more snazzy and attract sales.

I saw this and thought great but my search on the forum shows nothing about them which surprises me / suspicious.

My main concern is SEO. Does anyone have the time to look at the template he is selling and let me (and others know) if there are any SEO issues or something I'm missing before I buy it.
    8mm cine to dvd transfer

The only problem with an open mind is people keep trying to fill it!

It's not possible to access the SEO perspective of the 'template' without seeing the underlying code.

The company you mention is listed on the actinic.co.uk site as an accredited designer.

Comment

Looks like the smart theme to me tbh.

Comment

If you dont want to pay for a designer like Mal, Lee or Jont then teclan have a number of customised templates you could purchase.

Comment

Tbh a chuned out template is not really going to help with seo as actinic is 99% of the way there to start with. Eg the fitness training site in my sig uses a stock actinic template and is very similar to your site Kate. It's still under construction but it has already taken enough orders to pay for the build.

It's your product that counts IMO if people want it they will search - find and buy. Ł149 is very cheap so it may be worth a punt or you may be better spending the money on some targeted adwords. d

Comment

Without wishing to offend, IMHO your existing website, while it isn't the latest in design style, is better than the one being offered by that link.
            Kind Regards
            Sean Williams

Calamander Ltd

Comment

Kate what's your reason for changing? Are you getting loads of visitors and no conversions, or are people simply not finding your site?

The former suggests a design issue, difficult to navigate etc (which I don't is an issue in your case)

The latter would suggest SEO problems in which case a fresh colour scheme and fancy logo isn't going to help unless the behind the scenes work is done.

You only have about 12 pages index in google. I did a search for "transferring cine film to dvd" and you were the last listing on page 7 in google.

I don't think your current layout is that bad. We've seen a lot worse posted. There are no garish colour schemes it's easy to read and navigate and the pricing is easy to understand.

I don't know how much traffic you are getting, but I've make more of a big deal of "st Service: Average just 4 days with a max of 10 days or it's FREE" on your pages and that, based on one of your reviews, you've been going for oiver 15 years:

"we have used them for our clients for over 15 years"
              M. Jones in Cardiff
              Things like that will turn browsers into buyers, it installs confidence.

IMHO

Army Gore-tex
              Winter Climbing Mitts
              webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
              Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

Guys thanks for all your help.

Just to answer a few things. This is actually for a new website not my current one.

The company (template seller) has come back and given me 2 examples of current users which you may find useful

http://www.domesticfowltrust.co.uk/

http://www.beachbeau.co.uk/
                8mm cine to dvd transfer

Comment

Originally posted by drounding View Post
                  It's not possible to access the SEO perspective of the 'template' without seeing the underlying code.

The company you mention is listed on the actinic.co.uk site as an accredited designer.

does this help? Can you get code from these example sites?

http://www.domesticfowltrust.co.uk/

http://www.beachbeau.co.uk/

REASON / CONCERN: In source code I can't see any H1 tags and Keywords. I understand this is vital for SEO or am I being a bit 'fick' ?
                  8mm cine to dvd transfer

Comment

We can't be sure what is delivered as part of the template and of course the site is still what you make of it and those links you posted may contain modifications. If you are considering purchasing then you should really contact the selling site diectly with your questions as only they would be able to answer fully.

I agree with others in that your current site is as good if not better than the template that you are looking at. You might do better by chipping away at refining your current site than expecting a template to help. It's your content that gets traffic more than anything not the site appearance.

Comment

Kate you may be getting comfosed between a template and seo optimization. The seller is offering a template ie the visual representation of a site which is very different from a custom designed seo targeted site.

Don't confuse the two a template is fixed but seo changes almost daily so what is good today maybe bad in six months

Comment

said template (and example sites) use multiple product pages, current thinking is single product pages in order to get seo for products and googlebase listing

Comment

On that demo-site, I see my Tabber on the product pages. I hope they're paying for each copy if they're including it with the delivered design!

UPDATE 09-02-09 (nice date). Woohoo. Yes they are. I hadn't realised that they were an existing customer.
                          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

OOPS, now look what you've done Kate.

Comment

Go and get them Norman... Grrr

Army Gore-tex
                              Winter Climbing Mitts
                              webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
                              Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

Working...
                              X