X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Qty Box & Item Text

Hi,
    Using VER 9

Is it possible to have text beside the QTY Box on some pages and not on others?
    Example Qty
    1 DZ

Secondly:

I want to change the word "items" to "pairs" in the design text. On a product to procduct basis. Would this have to be accomplished with a variable?

Price: (144 or fewer items) $25.75
    Price: (145 or more items) $23.50

Thanks
    Randy

I'm not sure exactly what you mean with your example for the Quantity box, but is possible to show the Quantity box on some items and not on others - you can copy the product layout, save a copy as another name and then modfiy it to not show the Quantity box for example, then slect the relevant layout per product. (There will be other ways too)

The word 'item' can be changed. you will need to create a variable to use instead, scope it to product and then insert it in the design where you want it.

Comment

Originally posted by drounding View Post
      I'm not sure exactly what you mean with your example for the Quantity box, but is possible to show the Quantity box on some items and not on others - you can copy the product layout, save a copy as another name and then modfiy it to not show the Quantity box for example, then slect the relevant layout per product. (There will be other ways too)

The word 'item' can be changed. you will need to create a variable to use instead, scope it to product and then insert it in the design where you want it.
      You can use the standard product template for easier maintenance:

1. create a true / false variable
      2. add the "DZ" text next to the QuantityPrompt in the product layout and wrap in your new block if variable (set to true)
      3. edit your price layout - typically "Standard Tax In/Exclusive Price" and wrap "items" in your new block if variable (set to false)and add in "pairs" again wrapped with your new block if variable (set to true)

set the variable to false at the global level and then change to true at the section / product level when you need to sell in dozens

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thanks for the help. I'll try that and see what I can get to work.

Randy

Comment

Don't forget to take a working backup of the site before you start anything (duplicating the ActinicCatalog.mdb to the desktop is a quick option for easy reinstatement)

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

When I create DZ variable to go beside the quanity box would I just select product box? For the control name would it be price?

One other thing. I copied and renamed the product layout and was going to do it that way and just rename the quanityprompt field. When I did that it renamed the quanity prompt for the whole site. I didn't think it would do that being a different layout name? Your way is better I just thought certain products I could play around with a little easier with a different product layout.

Thanks

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by randy1 View Post
                One other thing. I copied and renamed the product layout and was going to do it that way and just rename the quanityprompt field. When I did that it renamed the quanity prompt for the whole site.
                Thanks
                make sure when you editted the new layout you wernt accidently in your old ones its and easy mistake but can easily be done, also make sure your section is using that layout. but in the end the easiet way would be to use block ifs and add a new true/false variable it would keep it just a bit neater
                Kind Regards,
                Simon

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by simon1828 View Post
                  make sure when you editted the new layout you wernt accidently in your old ones its and easy mistake but can easily be done, also make sure your section is using that layout. but in the end the easiet way would be to use block ifs and add a new true/false variable it would keep it just a bit neater
                  Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                  X