Need code to show ProductNamne, ProductReference in a fragment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need code to show ProductNamne, ProductReference in a fragment

I need help with code to display the Product Name and Product Reference in Fragment "e-mail ulf.html"
    In a Product I press link <a href="http://www.dinhoj.se/webshop/e-post-ulf.html">E-post</a>
    as shall show the Product Name and Product Reference from the Product i pressed the link.

Are you manually entering the information into each fragment or populating them with information from the best sellers e.t.c

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B View Post
      Are you manually entering the information into each fragment or populating them with information from the best sellers e.t.c
      The link I press on is placed in Product Layout.
      Attach pic.
      Attached Files

Comment

Im lost, why do you need it in a fragment if you already have it as a product. The only time you need to do this really is on the home page?

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B View Post
          Im lost
          That makes two of us, I've read and re-read the OP and still not sure what is being asked?

Do you want:

<a href="http://www.dinhoj.se/webshop/e-post-ulf.html">Product Name and Product Reference</a>

Army Gore-tex
          Winter Climbing Mitts
          webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
          Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

As I see it, the OP has a link on each Product Section labelled "E-post". The link is to a page, www.dinhoj.se/webshop/e-post-ulf.html, and he wants to pass the Product Name and Product Reference through to that page.

Comment

Originally posted by acompton View Post
              As I see it, the OP has a link on each Product Section labelled "E-post". The link is to a page, www.dinhoj.se/webshop/e-post-ulf.html, and he wants to pass the Product Name and Product Reference through to that page.
              Ulf is that what you require?

I've not sure how to acheive what you want, but could you amend the contact us form and put it into your Product layout:

Code:
              <form method="post" action="<Actinic:Variable Name="SendMailPageURL"/>">
              <input type="hidden" name="RANDOM" value="<actinic:variable name='Random'/>" />

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsHostMode%22%20%2f%3e">
                 <!-- Hidden field when in trial mode -->
                 <input type="hidden" name="SHOP" value="<Actinic:Variable Name="HiddenFields"/>" />
              </actinic:block>

<actinic:variable Name="ValidationError"/>

<table cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0">
                 <tr> 
                    <td width="15">&nbsp;</td>
                    <td colspan="2">
                       <strong><Actinic:Variable Name="MailFormHeader"/></strong><br /> 
                       <br />
                    </td>
                 </tr>
                 <tr> 
                    <td>&nbsp;</td>
                    <td>
                       <span class="actrequired"><Actinic:Variable Name="MailFormName"/> *</span> 
                    </td>
                    <td>
                       <input type="text" name="Name" size="50" value="<Actinic:Variable Name="MailFormNameValue"/>" /> 
                    </td>
                 </tr>
                 <tr> 
                    <td>&nbsp;</td>
                    <td>
                       <span class="actrequired"><Actinic:Variable Name="MailFormSubject"/> *</span>
                    </td>
                    <td>
                       <input type="text" name="Subject" size="50" value="<Actinic:Variable Name="MailFormSubjectValue"/>" /> 
                    </td>
                 </tr>
                 <tr> 
                    <td>&nbsp;</td>
                    <td>
                       <span class="actrequired"><Actinic:Variable Name="MailFormEmail"/> *</span>
                    </td>
                    <td>
                       <input type="text" name="EmailAddress" size="50" value="<Actinic:Variable Name="MailFormEmailValue"/>" /> 
                    </td>
                 </tr>
                 <tr> 
                    <td valign="top">&nbsp;</td>
                    <td valign="top">
                       <span class="actrequired"><Actinic:Variable Name="MailFormMessage"/> *</span>
                    </td>
                    <td>
                       <textarea type="text" rows="10" cols="45" name="Message"><Actinic:Variable Name="MailFormMessageValue"/></textarea>
                    </td>
                 </tr>
                 <tr> 
                    <td>
                       <input type="submit" name="ACTION" value="<Actinic:Variable Name="MailFormSendButton"/>" />
                    </td>
                 </tr>
                 <tr> 
                    <td colspan="2" valign="top">
                       <Actinic:Variable Name="RequiredFields"/> <span class="actrequired"><Actinic:Variable Name="Highlighted"/></span>.
                    </td>
                 </tr>
              </table>

</form>
              Then use Javascript to show/hide the form?

Army Gore-tex
              Winter Climbing Mitts
              Twitter LinkedIN

Comment

Originally posted by webD View Post
                Ulf is that what you require?

I've not sure how to acheive what you want, but could you amend the contact us form and put it into your Product layout:

Code:
                <form method="post" action="<Actinic:Variable Name="SendMailPageURL"/>">
                <input type="hidden" name="RANDOM" value="<actinic:variable name='Random'/>" />

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsHostMode%22%20%2f%3e">
                   <!-- Hidden field when in trial mode -->
                   <input type="hidden" name="SHOP" value="<Actinic:Variable Name="HiddenFields"/>" />
                </actinic:block>

<actinic:variable Name="ValidationError"/>

<table cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0">
                   <tr> 
                      <td width="15">&nbsp;</td>
                      <td colspan="2">
                         <strong><Actinic:Variable Name="MailFormHeader"/></strong><br /> 
                         <br />
                      </td>
                   </tr>
                   <tr> 
                      <td>&nbsp;</td>
                      <td>
                         <span class="actrequired"><Actinic:Variable Name="MailFormName"/> *</span> 
                      </td>
                      <td>
                         <input type="text" name="Name" size="50" value="<Actinic:Variable Name="MailFormNameValue"/>" /> 
                      </td>
                   </tr>
                   <tr> 
                      <td>&nbsp;</td>
                      <td>
                         <span class="actrequired"><Actinic:Variable Name="MailFormSubject"/> *</span>
                      </td>
                      <td>
                         <input type="text" name="Subject" size="50" value="<Actinic:Variable Name="MailFormSubjectValue"/>" /> 
                      </td>
                   </tr>
                   <tr> 
                      <td>&nbsp;</td>
                      <td>
                         <span class="actrequired"><Actinic:Variable Name="MailFormEmail"/> *</span>
                      </td>
                      <td>
                         <input type="text" name="EmailAddress" size="50" value="<Actinic:Variable Name="MailFormEmailValue"/>" /> 
                      </td>
                   </tr>
                   <tr> 
                      <td valign="top">
                         <span class="actrequired"><Actinic:Variable Name="MailFormMessage"/> *</span>
                      </td>
                      <td>
                         <textarea type="text" rows="10" cols="45" name="Message"><Actinic:Variable Name="MailFormMessageValue"/></textarea>
                      </td>
                   </tr>
                   <tr> 
                      <td>
                         <input type="submit" name="ACTION" value="<Actinic:Variable Name="MailFormSendButton"/>" />
                      </td>
                   </tr>
                   <tr> 
                      <td colspan="2" valign="top">
                         <Actinic:Variable Name="RequiredFields"/> <span class="actrequired"><Actinic:Variable Name="Highlighted"/></span>.
                      </td>
                   </tr>
                </table>

</form>
                Then use Javascript to show/hide the form?
                When I click on a product email link, shall this product's Product name and Reference No. be copied to field 'Product' in the e-mail form.
                I will that the sender should not have to fill in field 'Produkt' in the e-mail form.
                See pic produkt.jpg and fragment.jpg.
                Attached Files

Comment

Ulf,

To me the obvious solution would be to manipulate the code from the contact form and the email a friend KB article to give the desired outcome.
                  Last edited by KB2; 22-Mar-2010, 03:41 PM. Reason: Updating kb links

Comment

What variable is currently in your layout? It will be something like "MailFormSubjectValue"

Army Gore-tex
                    Winter Climbing Mitts
                    Twitter LinkedIN

Comment

What variable is currently in your layout? It will be something like "MailFormSubjectValue"
                      I have not written any code or variable yet to copy the value in the fields Product name and Ref. no to the product field in the e-mail program.
                      Tested this morning to use code from email a friend but it did not work.

Comment

Originally posted by Ulf Nordbeck View Post
                        I have not written any code or variable yet to copy the value in the fields Product name and Ref. no to the product field in the e-mail program.
                        Tested this morning to use code from email a friend but it did not work.
                        Your current contact form, the one you have attached images of, will be using a set of variables (blue text).

The "MailForm???" is the prompt; Produkt in you case.

Beneath that there will be an <input> tag with "value=MailForm???Value"

It's this variable that you would need to change, adding the "ProductName" and "ProdutRef" variables will enter those terms into the text box for the customer.

Does that make sense?

Army Gore-tex
                        Winter Climbing Mitts
                        Twitter LinkedIN

Comment

Your current contact form, the one you have attached images of, will be using a set of variables (blue text).

The "MailForm???" is the prompt; Produkt in you case.

Beneath that there will be an <input> tag with "value=MailForm???Value"

It's this variable that you would need to change, adding the "ProductName" and "ProdutRef" variables will enter those terms into the text box for the customer.

Does that make sense?
                          I use this e-mail form in the extended info pages. The code to the Produkt field is:
                          <input lang="sv-se" name="Produkt" style="width: 410px" type="text" value="<Actinic:Variable Name="ProductName"/> &nbsp;Ref:&nbsp;<actinic:variable name="ProductReference" />"</td>
                          I do not want to use the extended info pages to e-mail in products layout
                          I see already with the popups I have installed, it takes much longer time to upload Actinic to the hosting site.
                          That I need help with is the code as links product (se product.jpg) to the Product field in the e-mail form

Comment

Working...
                          X