Section Name Duplicated in Breadcrumb Trail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Section Name Duplicated in Breadcrumb Trail

I am using SPP and for some reason I now seem to have the section name duplicated in the breadcrumb at the top and bottom of the page.

For example the breadcrumb trail shows:

Accessories | Rain Wedge - Golf Club Rain Cover | Rain Wedge - Golf Club Rain Cover
    But if I import a snapshot from 5 days ago the it shows as:

Accessories | Rain Wedge - Golf Club Rain Cover
    When I first noticed the problem it was only displaying the section name without the parent sections shown. On investigation I found that the breadcrumb layout only had the layout "Compact This Section Name" so I throught the solution would be to insert the layout "Compact Parent Section Link" above it so that it matched the layouts used in the working snapshot, but when I do that I get the duplaiction problem described.

Does anyone have any ideas what I might have changed that could cause this.
    I have checked through the layouts and the list layout settings and they match exactly line for line with the original working code and have even copied and pasted the working code back into the non-working layout to make sure there are no differences so assume I must have made a change elsewhere but don't no where to look.
    Darren Guppy
    Golf Tee Warehouse
    Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

UPDATE:

I have tracked the date of the problem to a time between 11am and 11pm on 11/03/09 and at the time I was trying to find out how to change the "STORENAME" variable. I called up the 'Variable Reference Guide' from the Help menu which doesn't seem to work correctly (I haven't searched to see if it is a known bug) as if I type something into the search tab or index tab while the 'Compact Parent Section Link' layouts are open the text appears in the layout not on the help screen. This has obviously overwritten something and although replaced has now stopped the breadcrumb layout working correctly.
    If I switch from compact to standard parent section list the breadcrumbs work correctly.

To solve the problem I reverted to a working layout, exported a partial snapshot and included just the breadcrumb layouts and imported them into my latest snapshot which has solved the problem fully.

At least I have learnt how to export a partial snapshot something I was unaware existed.
    Darren Guppy
    Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

I think the variable you want to change is available to change, if you select the 'store top' icon, the name field.

Comment

Thanks Lee, I did find it in end and changed, unfortunately managing to break the breadcrumb trail in the process due to a possible bug with the help screen
        Darren Guppy
        Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

Working...
        X