Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Sellers List

Hi,
    Unless I'm misunderstanding you should be able to add the best sellers list just to the homepage? (mysite.com/catalog) I tried selecting home page only beside "location for best sellers list" under site options, but it's still putting the list on ever section page. I'm using the corporation theme. I did upgrade from Version 7 to 9.

Regards,
    Randy

You should be able to select where the best sellers / new products appear from site options / layout then open the the choices and apply changes.
    https://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk/

Ed Harrison - Menmuir Scotland

Comment

Randy

Open the Design tab

Click on a Best Seller item and click the ^ arrow to step up a level. Once you find the layout 'BestSellerListSidebar' or 'BestSellersList' - ensure there is a block wrapped around this, the condition should be something like if IsBrochureHomePage == true

Comment

One of the problems could be I'm not using a brochure page. I didn't have a need for it. Is there away to send it to just the catalog/ page?

Thanks for the reply.
        Randy

Comment

The catalog page is not the home page, so no good selecting home page options for it. The shop top page is a section, so you need to select section options.

Comment

i've tried a number of ways to get this best sellers to work with no luck yet. It won't even change from full to mini. I think it's because I didn't use a brochure page, and this was an upgrade. It will give me 2 options, turn it on or turn it off on ever page. I would like to just put this on THE MAIN CATALOG PAGE (/catalog) Is there a way to take the code and just insert it on that page?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by randy1 View Post
              i've tried a number of ways to get this best sellers to work with no luck yet. It won't even change from full to mini. I think it's because I didn't use a brochure page, and this was an upgrade. It will give me 2 options, turn it on or turn it off on ever page. I would like to just put this on THE MAIN CATALOG PAGE (/catalog) Is there a way to take the code and just insert it on that page?

Thanks
              Change the global setting via Settings > Site Options > Layouts

Set this to 'Mini Best Sellers Layout'

Where you want the best sellers to appear, click on the pink swirl (Insert Layout icon) and enter 'BestSellersList' (I think that's what the layout is called, not at an Actinic machine atm), click OK. Highlight the layout text (ie. in the same way as you would highlight text) and click on the green 'Insert Block' icon. Off the top of my head, I think the condition you need is 'SectionLevel == 0'

This will place the Best Sellers List on the store top only (ie. .com/acatalog/index.html).

Comment

Hi,
                Thanks for the reply. Not sure what you mean by Where you want the best sellers to appear, click on the pink swirl (Insert Layout icon)?

Is "SectionLevel == 0" is this condition already in a list, or do I insert it? Can't seem to find it. I know these might be stupid questions but I'm not sure if the best sellers is functioning right. When I do this should I have it Enabled or Disabled?

Thanks again much appreciated.

Originally posted by grantglendinnin View Post
                Change the global setting via Settings > Site Options > Layouts

Set this to 'Mini Best Sellers Layout'

Where you want the best sellers to appear, click on the pink swirl (Insert Layout icon) and enter 'BestSellersList' (I think that's what the layout is called, not at an Actinic machine atm), click OK. Highlight the layout text (ie. in the same way as you would highlight text) and click on the green 'Insert Block' icon. Off the top of my head, I think the condition you need is 'SectionLevel == 0'

This will place the Best Sellers List on the store top only (ie. .com/acatalog/index.html).

Comment

I would like to do the opposite. E.G. Exclude the Best sellers box from the Home Page but include it on every other page.

I have a nice best sellers area on the home page under the fragments which I have renamed. If the best sellers box is included on the home page it duplicates the products and looks messy. However, i would liek to push these products on all the other pages in case they draw a lead.

The basic actinic settings do not allow me do to this it is either on the home page or dleted from the entire design.
                  Paul

http://www.mymerino.com

Four Season Merino Wool Clothing

Comment

Working...
                  X