Actinic V8 & Dreamweaver CS4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic V8 & Dreamweaver CS4

We're using Actinic V8 with Dreamweaver CS4 but we don't get the 'Edit Layout in Dreamweaver' option in Actinic.

After reading the forums I'm aware you have to replace the dreamweaver.ini file in V9, is this the same for V8 as I can't find the file to replace or is V8 not compatible with CS4?

Thanks

It's there in V8 for me, you're probably not looking in the correct V8 folder (program files).

Comment

I've completely searched the V8 folder in my shared documents and the V8 folder in the program files and nothing named 'dreamweaver.ini' is found...

I've had it working with CS3, it's since the CS4 upgrade thats caused the problem.

Comment

No idea then Bob, i have CS4 along with V8 and V9 and have the file on both. Perhaps a reinstall is required, i recall needing to do that once CS4 was setup as some actinic files got nuked.

Comment

I've done fresh installs and still no joy.

In dreamweaver I get the Actinic menu but no option to select which version I'm using which after reading some more posts I believe I should have.

Do I need an updated extension for Dreamweaver?

Comment

Hey Bob,

Checkout the following knowledgebase article: http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=44546

It for v9, but may work for v8. Backup and test it
            Last edited by KB2; 22-Mar-2010, 03:06 PM. Reason: Updating kb links

Comment

I am getting the same issue in v9 even after replacing the .ini file. There is no ability to select the Actinic version (it is not listed or greyed out).. unfortunately it defaults to v8 which means I have to use MX2004 as this is allowing the option to select versions.

Bikster
              SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Hey Jont,

I'm afraid that it is more likely the developer need to release an updated mxp file (DW Extensions) file to enable you to run v8 with CS4, As it may be hardcoded

Comment

Working...
                X