Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Create a custom auto-bounce page

Hello.

I am working on a little addition to the Actinic package but have run into a stumbling block.

Basically, the add-on will allow you to put two fields enclosed in a box wherever you like on your site. Or that's the plan, anyway.

The fields will be for your name and e-mail address.

Yes, this is a custom newsletter sign-up feature, with details stored in a mysql database and can be downloaded into a CSV format - perfect for mailing list software. I need/want the software for our own site so am going to document the how-to on the forum when it's ready, but I need a little help first.

You enter your username/email and click submit. This submits the details to a php file which handles the data.

What I am looking to do is have this page created in actinic (use the details tab to change the file from whatever.html to whatever.php - this works ok).

But when the Submit button is hit, I land on whatever.php - I need this page to use the 'bounce back' feature. Ie. I want whatever.php to bounce back after X number of seconds to the page you submitted from (similar to when you add a product to the cart, or search for a non-existent product)

Hope that makes sense so far.

I need to add the bounce-back code to this custom page. I've put the 'Bounce Page Bulk Area' into a specific fragment layout, and used this fragment on whatever.php - but it doesn't bounce.

Do I need to set something else up to get the bounce back to work?

Thanks,
    Grant

I teetering on the boundaries of my bounce knowledge here, so bare/bear/beer with me.

Could you make a replica of the "bounce" page in Actinic, so that on submit you get directed to "replicabounce" and then you can edit the page content.

The bounce delay is controlled globally, but this thread will help you solve the delay issue is you want it to be different.

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?p=269467

Army Gore-tex
    Winter Climbing Mitts
    webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
    Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

Hm, this may well come in use, thanks Rich.

Looks like I'll be creating block's in the <head> section to test the condition of the page. PageFileExtension looks good, considering php files are pretty remote in Actinic Though I suspect once I've got this ready some master of php/mysql/actinic will come along and say "you know you've cut a short story long"...

Let me see what I can do with this...

...I'll be back...

Comment

Working...
      X