Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breadcrumb on Extended Info Pages

Hi all!

I have made the extended info pages look like a standard page(including nav bar etc). It works very well.

Does anyone know how to add the breadcrumb trail to these pages?

My reason for asking is because we would like to provide 4 ways to shop for our products. So section names are 1. View all products 2. View by price range 3. View by size 4. View by style. I have put all master products to 1.View all products, and then the master products have been duplicated into 3 other sections.

In order to create breadcrumb on Extended Info Pages,

1.Replaced "Compact This Section Name" with

<a href="<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsLoginPageSuppressed%22%20%2f%3e%20AND%0d%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22UnregCustomersAreNotAllowed%22%20%2f%3e" ><actinic:variable name="SectionPageName" /></actinic:block><actinic:block if="%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsLoginPageSuppressed%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20false%29%20OR%0d%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22UnregCustomersAreNotAllowed%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20false%29" ><actinic:variable name="SectionURL" /></actinic:block>" target="_self" class="link_breadcrumbs"><strong><actinic:variable name="SectionName" /></strong></a>&nbsp;|&nbsp;

2.I have set that the final product name will only apear in the trail if there is a add to cart button on the page as I don't have one on the any section page.

created a new layout "compact extended name"
    <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsAddToCartButtonShown%22%20%2f%3e">
    <strong><Actinic:Variable Name="ProductName"/></strong>
    </actinic:block>

3. added "Compact extended name" to "ParentSectionListTop"
    in other words, added "Compact extended name" below
    "Compact Parent Section Link
    Compact This Section Name"

Unfortunately, when go to the extended info pages, it always shows " online Catalogue|View All Products|Product Name"

For example:
    choose "View by Price Range", then "£50-£100" and then one product.
    It should be "Online Catalogue|View By Price Range| £50-£100| Product name"
    But in the extended info page of this product, it will shows"online Catalogue|View All Products|Product Name "

Anyone else doing something similar and can possibly pass on some advice in this area? Any help you guys could give would be greatly appreciated.

This is because your breadcrumb is showing the path to the master product and not the duplicate.
    It's been mentioned before and I don't think there was a way round it short of making 'copies' of the original products (with altered product refs) rather than using duplicates.
    Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by TraceyHand View Post
      This is because your breadcrumb is showing the path to the master product and not the duplicate.
      It's been mentioned before and I don't think there was a way round it short of making 'copies' of the original products (with altered product refs) rather than using duplicates.
      Thank you for your reply, but if making "copies" of the orginal products with altered product refs, it might be very difficult to control the stock of all products

Comment

I agree. You can't do this if you are using stock monitoring in Actinic.

I don't recall there being a solution to the problem in previous posts, however, so I can only assume that one hasn't been found (that or no one is sharing!)
        Tracey

Comment

ok..I've noticed before that my duplicates' extended info pages DO actually show the duplicates' breadcrumb trail.
          I'ev just checked and they definitely do so let me see what I'm using different, code-wise, to 'the norm' to get that
          Tracey

Comment

well, I've looked and I'm just using the standard ParentSectionListTop on my extended info pages, just the same as I do on the standard store pages.
            I haven't added the product name to it (no need, they can see that!) but I don't see how it makes any difference. It does show the extended info link via the duplicate's path though, not the original, although I do know from previous posts on the subject that this seems to be an exception rather than a rule!

Maybe it Actinic handles it differently being on a pop up page rather than in the same window. I doubt it but I can't see what other difference there is.

Try replacing your editted code with the standard breadcrumb layout (ParentSectionListTop) and see what result you get then.
            Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by TraceyHand View Post
              well, I've looked and I'm just using the standard ParentSectionListTop on my extended info pages, just the same as I do on the standard store pages.
              I haven't added the product name to it (no need, they can see that!) but I don't see how it makes any difference. It does show the extended info link via the duplicate's path though, not the original, although I do know from previous posts on the subject that this seems to be an exception rather than a rule!

Maybe it Actinic handles it differently being on a pop up page rather than in the same window. I doubt it but I can't see what other difference there is.

Try replacing your editted code with the standard breadcrumb layout (ParentSectionListTop) and see what result you get then.

Thanks Tracey, for your suggestions. I have changed to standard layout, but it doesn't work. Maybe as you mentioned, Actinic handles it differently being on a pop up page rather than in the same window. I have no idea how to sort it out

Comment

Working...
              X