Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Page title for products using SPP

HI,

I have set up my products using sing page per product as reccomended, The problem I am having is the page name is staying the same on all my pages, Am I correct in thinking you can have the page names in the top of the browser window change to the product name? and if so could somone point in the right direction please, I have has a good search but from as far a I can tell am I am doing it correctly it just isnt working.

Thanks in advance

The site is www.digi-com.co.uk

Have a read of this - http://www.websitedesigned.co.uk/actinic-spp.htm - and this - http://www.websitedesigned.co.uk/actinic-sections.htm - see if you have been doing things correctly.

Comment

This first link http://www.websitedesigned.co.uk/actinic-spp.htm

Is the one I followed, I will have a look thru that second one now see if there is something I have missed, Thanks,

Comment

OK, I have double checked this again and for the life of me I can not see why I am not getting my page names up, anyone have any ideas what may be causing this?

Comment

You are not putting them in or have screwed up the page title area in your overall layout is the only 2 viable reasons I can think of. Perhaps some screenshots would be good to see.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
            You are not putting them in or have screwed up the page title area in your overall layout is the only 2 viable reasons I can think of. Perhaps some screenshots would be good to see.
            What sections would help if I grab the screen shots? What do u need to see?

Comment

Well off the top of my head, I would say show a completed section and what you have entered into it, then show us the code producing the titles in your overall layout and then finally provide a link to that page online so we can see what is not working. Bear in mind we can see nothing, you can see it all, if it's not an obvious problem, we need to see pictures so we can look inside too.

It could be an actinic problem, it's easier to say that if you can see inside actinic first though.

Comment

Looking into this more im pretty sure its my overall layout page:

The top of the page looks like this.

<title></title>
                <actinic:variable name="BaseHref" />
                <actinic:variable name="MetaTags" />
                <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsP3PPolicyUsed%22%20%2f%3e">
                <link rel="P3Pv1" href="<actinic:variable name="P3PFullPolicyLink" />">
                </actinic:block>
                <link rel="stylesheet" href="Orange.css" type="text/css" />
                <link href="actinic.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
                <actinic:variable name="JavaScriptFunctions" />
                <style type="text/css">
                Should ther be an actinic variable in the title tags?

Thanks for any help

Comment

Yep, you have hit the nail on the head

place
                  Code:
                  <title></title>
                  with
                  Code:
                  <title><actinic:variable name="PageTitle" /></title>
                  "If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions"

Comment

There should be yes.

Comment

This seems to have happened a few times now, is there some sort of nuking by the upgrade or is this trigger happy users deleting things by mistake. Seems a bit common to me.

If you ever want to know how an area should look, then right click on it in the design library and select 'compare', it will show you what is borked. You can also 'revert' to standard settings in the same place.

Comment

Awsome. Thank you all,

I now realise that my issue was caused when edditing my overall layout in dreamweaver, Not sure if I changes the pagename or if dreamweaver did something nuts, Probs the first one.lol all fixed now and thanks again

Comment

Working...
                        X