Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making the catalog scroll

Hi All,

I am a new user of Actinic, but have hard coded non-commercial websites before. So layman's terms as much as possible would be appreciated! Cheers.

I have a site set up and all of the layout/content is looking fine but I am keen to make it so that the "header", "menu items" and the "products list" and "brochure pages" quick access bar on the left stay still, while the main body of the catalog contents can be scrolled up and down.

I imagine this is possible, and probably quite easy, I'm just not sure how to code it into my actinic layout.

Many thanks to everyone that offers opinions.
    Danny

no, no, no

you are referring to making a framed site, this is a methodology akin to the stone age in the www.

please rethink, and take a look at every other ecommerce site out there... no one does it anymore

BTW welcome to the community!

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook View Post
      no, no, no
      Undecided as ever Jo

Frames (even floating javascript elements) should be blown into oblivion - they are bad news and best to avoid.

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

TBH I do think the static menus put people off and IMHO I do not like them also not all browsers support them so I would strongly suggest against this.

P.S Welcome to the community
        www.simonstaton.co.uk

Comment

Working...
        X