Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Usinig A Variable For The No Of Items In The Last Row Within List Layout Settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Usinig A Variable For The No Of Items In The Last Row Within List Layout Settings

Good Afernoon,

I have serached but am still strugling to see if the following is possible:

Can you use a variable For The No Of Items In The Last Row Within List Layout Settings???

I am able to select a Variable for the no of items within the first and middle rows but not the last row.

Any help will be greatly apprieciated.

Regards To All

Graham
    www.hartsofstur.com - Seriously Good Cookware

You could create you own variable:

Design | Library | Variable

and then select that in the List Layout Settings.

Copy one of the ones you've already mentioned, then change the name and prompt.

Army Gore-tex
    Winter Climbing Mitts
    webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
    Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

Thank you for your reply,

I had attempted this but was unable to select to use a variable for the No Of Items In the Last Row. It will allow me to select a variable for the first row and middle row but not the last.

Kind Regards

Graham

Comment

I don't think it is allowing it as the last row simply fills the column as required - not quite sure why it is not allowing either the selection or a copy and paste.

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thank you for your replies,

It always good to know you`re not doing something wrong. I have contacted support today and they are looking at this for me.

Comment

It won't allow the last row to be filled out via variable because that has grave danger of completely breaking the whole list layout table. The list layout is one big table, so if you say 2 wide for the first row, then 4 wide for the middle rows and tried to put 3 in for the last row, you would end up with a trashed and badly coded table. The right hand edge on a cell that has to have a relationship to the complete table as the whole table acts as one.

You won't get a standard way to control the last row by a variable and rightly so, it could break too easily i'm afraid.

Comment

Working...
            X