Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Relative Positioning-How can I stop browser variation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Relative Positioning-How can I stop browser variation?

Hello

Normally I love Actinic but after 3 days of coding headache so I've decided to ask for help.

I am trying to position 4 boxes on my home page so that they stay in position in different browsers. I have tried relative positioning, absolute positioning and floating and when I get the boxes correct in IE and Mozilla, they are very out of position in Safari.

Pls can anyone help me to position the boxes correctly so I can get the same in all 3 browsers?

My website is http://www.amberandjade.com/acatalog/test/index.html and I would like :
    - Left hand box
    - Central text box
    - Right hand box
    - Central box below

Thanks so much for your help.

Catherine

First of all, scrap all positioning, you only need float left. Scrap the margins and use padding instead. Remember the padding you add needs to come off the widths you specify.

1. Know the width you have to play with
    2. Split it into the 3 widths you want to use for each of the 3 areas
    3. Do not add a width on the 4th container, it will fill the screen, just center the contents

Do all those first, then come back and show us what you have, if not entirely there, the above will be very very close.

PS - it's a £50 job for a designer, is it worth learning or failing for 3 days to save that?

Comment

Working...
    X