Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Need Multiples Of 10 For The Qty Box

Hi,

Has anyone come up with a way to make a customer order a minimum amount of say 10 and increments of 10 after that. 10, 20, 30 etc..? Without being able to change the amount on checkout below 10? I only need this for a certain amount of products.

Thanks
    Randy

I imagine this could be done with a Custom Variable whose value indicated that the minimum value was 10 and some Javascript that enforced the rules.

Chris

Comment

Can you not just perhaps create a product that is for 10 units instead.

Comment

Thats what i was thinking Duncan, As is case qty, set of 10, kit includes 10 e.t.c

If they are in multiples of 10 then this seems to be the best way IMHO

Comment

The above suggestions have to be the best idea, maybe you could do as they advise and create a product of a pack of 10 and also have a product in quantities of 1 so people could still buy say 24, 2 packs of the 10 pack and 4 packs of the 1 pack therefore not totally restricting your buyer. You could also do a deal on the 10 pack to encourage this sale.
          www.parklifeclothes.co.uk

Parklife, Whitby

Diesel, Converse, Crocs, Quiksilver, Miss Sixty, Scotch & Soda, Bench, Levi's, Kickers

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B View Post
            Thats what i was thinking Duncan, As is case qty, set of 10, kit includes 10 e.t.c

If they are in multiples of 10 then this seems to be the best way IMHO
            Multiples of 10 is how this product has to be sold. I would perfer if I could just do something for this product. I don't want to upset anything else. I have created a variable to show Quantity by the case beside the quantity box. I think you can set the quantity to min 10. This doesn't stop people from changing it on checkout. That's one thing hopefully Actinic will address in the future. A lot of product now a days is sold in default quantities.

Thanks for the replies.

Comment

Randy i think you miss understanding it. if you have to sell them in batches of 10 just list them as 10 = 1

so if someone buys 1 then they get a box with 10 in it, if they buy 2 they get a box with 20 in it. If you never sell these as singles then why are you making things harder for your self.

IMHO you asking for trouble, when someone tries to buy 8 it is going to reject the order, same as someone buying 12 if you go down the road of rewriting things then i feel your more likely to confuse customers this way.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B View Post
                Randy i think you miss understanding it. if you have to sell them in batches of 10 just list them as 10 = 1

so if someone buys 1 then they get a box with 10 in it, if they buy 2 they get a box with 20 in it. If you never sell these as singles then why are you making things harder for your self.

IMHO you asking for trouble, when someone tries to buy 8 it is going to reject the order, same as someone buying 12 if you go down the road of rewriting things then i feel your more likely to confuse customers this way.
                Sorry, I get what your saying now. Looks like that is the best idea. I thought about using choices to affect price. selecting 10, 20, 30 etc.. I still don't think that stops you from changing it at checkout.

Thanks again.
                Appreciate it.

Comment

Same problems - same botch jobs

Hi - I read your message with a heavy heart!

The answers on here are often 'make do' botches I'm afraid. Having used Actinic for over 7 years I have learned all about making do - you will probably have to accept working within Actinics constraints and if that affects your business look elsewhere... we are looking.

I have to sell a number of products in multiples, however they are also sold in cases (a bulk buy) butthe only way I can see to properly like these things is to stock count in single.

So I buy 10 cases of 30 = 300 units.

I want to sell in packs of 10 for one price (not 9 or 11, just 10 - we prepack them, less is unprofitable, more wastes time.)
                  I also want to sell in cases of 30 for another price (bulk discount)

When there is not enough stock to sell bulk I do not want to rush off to the computer and start turning things off - I want it to know there is not enough stock for a case - maybe there are 20 units left. So no customer should be able to order more than 2 packs of 10.

Can Actinic do this? Well not so far!

By creating a single unit product and entering a stock value for it, then hiding it I can create two products with components that consume 10 and 30 pieces respectively.

It allows someone to attempt a purchase of a case (which should be out of stock) and then informs them that they cannot buy the case with a misleading answer... like "You must order between 1 and 20". Well - they only want *1* case... (but thats 30 pieces when there are 20 pieces in stock, I could edit the message but then that means misleading messages for other composite products.)

Just making a product that says 'pack of 10' that has no real bearing on your real stock levels is not a good way to go - It may be the only option left but its clumsy and no scalable way of managing a shop.

I have had to do this for years in an Actinic6 shop I am upgrading - its a mess and lets people over order products that are not there (someone can buy two cases when there are just a few pieces actually in stock - no connection between real stock and what is on the site).

If anyone knows how to make a composite (using components) product show simply as 'Out of Stock' when there are not enough component products to produce it I would be very happy. I have looked - but searching on here always pulls up vaguely related but off-topic posts I'm afraid.

Good luck mate :-)

---EDIT---

Also before anyone suggests quantity based discounting as a possible solution - the reason I discount for bulk is because they are already in a box and it doesn't waste my packers time (which wastes money - remember Actinic, this is a business not just a website!). If someone gets a discount for 30 but buys 32 - then there is wasted time trying to find a way to attach two extra units to a case of 30 that will survive bing kicked all the way to Aberdeen! So that is not a solution - thats a botch :-)

Comment

Hello Damian

I think what you are trying to do is fairly complex - have you found any other ecommerce solutions that provide this out-of-the-box?

I believe that, with a little tweaking, my ActiveStock plug-in could accomplish this. Please contact me by e-mail if you want to discuss.
                    ActiveStock
                    On-line, real-time stock control plug-in for Actinic V7, V8 and V9
                    **New - Captcha plug-in for your Contact Us form**

ActiveStock website
                    Free 30 Day Trial
                    ActiveStock Blog (including a new tutorial on a 'Sort By' function for long section pages)

Comment

Software for the real world...

Hi Richard,
                      I have not had the opportunity to test all other available systems due to the mixed blessing of a business that has grown rapidly :-)

I did take a look at your site - will have to go back this evening as I can't absorb much new info right now. However, I have rarely posted in this community because I can generally do what I need without help and I have come here having found no way of solving a problem (sometimes in the past even after speaking to Actinic staff)... so only when desperate or needing to grumble I post. I would love to see Actinic continue to improve but every one of my grumbles is a 'real world' situation that I and/or other companies I know have been unable to use Actinic to solve. Selling things that you buy in one quanity (bulk/cases/etc), count as single units and then sell in another quantity (packs) is happening in thousands of shops in this country every day... real shops that is, not Actinic shops. Actinic is great for a new business, they can work with its quirks, and benefit from features to help them get started. As my business has grown it has placed limitations on us... so my comments are not to criticise Actinic or its users, but to remind actinic that I need software that lets me do real business activities effectively and efficiently, not botches and hacks. None of the features I have requested are exotic in any way, I am not trying to do something that I can't just do in the real world with a pen and paper... I'm just saying that when its easier to do something outside of actinic, they are going to drive people away from choosing it to be the heart of their business.

Anyway Richard, I wil certainly look. Mole Ends kit has been great for us so far, we are having Vista problems (too dull to describe here) now that are not Mole End's fault but are causing us to think again about how to solve our problems. Bit depressed to be struggling again with my annual Actinic migraine season.

Comment

Working...
                      X