Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Qty Issues/Help

Hello,

I've created a new layout for some products which use drop down boxes for various options, for example one dropdown box has color, and one has set quantity amounts, both are on the same product layout.
    When the customer selects the option from the dropdown boxes, the price is automaticly updated depending on what option is selected.

I want to try and remove the standard quantity field so the customer has to use the set quantitys in the drop down box, I've found the section of script that the quantity field uses, but when I remove it and try to put the product in the shopping cart I get an error message on the live site saying a default quantity of 1 - 3149 needs to be set.

Is there a way of hiding the quanty field, with a default value, or a way of disabling it completly?

Many thanks in advance for your help!

Short of creating a variable with block if's to show/hide the Qty field, I can't think of any other way to do this.

Comment

I've just had a further play around and have found a solution.

For anyone who is looking todo this in the future here is what I done:

find this line of code

<span class="actrequired"><Actinic:Variable Name="QuantityPrompt"/></span><input type="text" name="Q_<actinic:variable Name="ProductID"/>" size="4" value="<Actinic:Variable Name="DefaultQuantity"/>" class="form_input_general" />

and remove the <Span></Span> section, change the input type to hidden, then set the value to 1 this removed the word 'quantity' from the layout, then hides it, and sets the default quantity to 1

Comment

Hm, unless you've created this with a custom variable set at product level - this is now the same across every product on your site, therefore now customers cannot easily purchase more than one of an item where you do not offer the quantity drop-down list.

You could of done this very easily by Business Settings > Ordering > Check 'Order Quantity Always One' - this has the same effect.

Comment

I did indeed set a custom variable set,
          Certian products use a new layout which contains the edit, where no qty is used, and all the others use the standard actinic layout.
          All works fine and dandy.

Comment

Working...
          X