Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing javascript

Hi

We have javascript in our templates relating to add-on products we no longer use. I cannot remember how some of these were intergrated into actinic in the form of variables etc.

If I simply delete the javascript code would this cause actinic to fall over or cause other problems?

Or would it be a safer option to link all js to external sheets with ie <script style="text/javascript" src="external_javascript.js"></script>

If this is an option, am I presuming correctly I can do this for js in fragments and actinic blocks too?

Thanks in advance.
    Water is both ordered and flexible at the same time. It maintains its own identity, but conforms as necessary to the circumstances around it.

-Miyamoto Musashi - The Book of Five Rings

Jake
    Buy Fire Extinguishers
    Fire Extinguishers

Best thing to do is to duplicate the layouts - apply the new copied layout to a obscure product and remove / test the javascript to ensure nothing falls over.

Most javascript in Actinic is either in the javascript header layout and calling the .js library... very little tends to be embedded at section / product level layouts.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

cheers for the advice, will give that a go
      Water is both ordered and flexible at the same time. It maintains its own identity, but conforms as necessary to the circumstances around it.

-Miyamoto Musashi - The Book of Five Rings

Jake
      Buy Fire Extinguishers
      Fire Extinguishers

Comment

Working...
      X