Image tag for Facebook links

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Image tag for Facebook links

I've added the following code directly under the MetaTags section in the layout of my product pages. This is intended to provide a link to an image for the purpose of sharing info on Facebook and other social networks.
    The image I want specified in this tag is the parent section image.

Code:
    <link rel="image_src" href="<actinic:variable name="CatalogURL" /><actinic:variable name="SectionImageFileName" />" />
    I have uploaded the site and this code I have used actually works perfectly, however on uploading the site, Actinic complains of coding errors saying
    'The 'SectionImageFileName' vaiable has been placed within the 'Two Header Bars - Two Sidebars - Horz Nav Bar' layout, but it won't work there. Click here to go to the code. (17 places)

The problem with this is that I do an auto upload of the site every night using a .bat file, but this error stops the upload.

Can anyone suggest a better way to acheive my desired result without getting these errors?

I've contacted Actinic Support on this and they can't help.

Thanks in advance.
    Stephen Hoyle

Hoyles Electronic Developments

You can only use certain layouts and selectors at specific locations - introducing section images at the main overall layout is not going to work straight from the tin.

If the code needs section images you could try wrapping the code into a block and testing the pagetype so as to keep it away from the homepage etc.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thanks for replying jont, I've used:

Code:
      <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22SectionLevelIsGreaterThan1%22%20%2f%3e">
      	<link rel="image_src" href="<actinic:variable name="CatalogURL" /><actinic:variable name="SectionImageFileName" />" />
      	</actinic:block>
      Works a treat!
      Stephen Hoyle

Hoyles Electronic Developments

Comment

Working...
      X