Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Urgent

Hi,
    My computer went down so loaded the software on another computer to get the orders. The problem is I only have access to the ftp settings. I had to change my ftp settings on the server. The software is now telling me

The username and password stored on the web site do not match those currently stored in the setup. Please refresh your site.

Possible Cause:
    The username and password stored in the
    Housekeeping | Security dialog do not match
    those on the web site.

How can I fix this without doing a product upload?

Thanks
    Randy

Can you access the data on the computer that went down? Without it, I don't think you'll be able to access the data without refreshing the site.

The idea is to stop this sort of thing happening - otherwise anyone with your FTP details could install Actinic then download your orders.

There may be other ways to hack the scripts on the server which sync with the database, or perhaps a way you can edit the database on the new machine, though I doubt it...

Is the hard drive from the old machine well and truly dead?

Comment

Is there a way to view the current ftp password & user name if I login to the server. I can change it to what wants.

The harddrive is not gone. Just waiting on a video card.

Thanks
      Randy

Comment

You could plug the hard drive into a caddy and grab the site directory and copy it over to teh other pc.

Comment

It's all good. Found an old site backup on the external harddrive. Was able to get the orders.

Thanks for everybody's help. I have to go take a deep breath and have a cold drink. I just didn't want to have to go through a whole lot of work.

Randy

Comment

Working...
          X