Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Block If’s not working in List Layout Settings – V8

Hi,
    I am trying to completely remove some section links from a certain page, I’ve edited the section link layout but I need to remove all the associated <td> and <tr> tags which appear to be inserted from the “List Layout Settings” page and giving me lots of white space.

I only want to remove certain sections so I tried editing the “Edit Rows and Columns” tab with some block ifs but they just don’t seem to work, I am trying this in the block if around the <td> and <tr> codes:

<actinic:variable name="SectionImageFileName" /> != 'dot1.gif'

Which I was hoping would only display the code if the SectionImageFileName was not equal to dot1.gif, hence if I set the image to dot1.gif the code would not be displayed but it seems to make no difference at all.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks
    Printerbase - Colour & Mono Laser Printers

Leave the list layout completely alone, you only need your blockif around the 'pink' section link layout, it doesn't get processed then and therefore doesn't give empty cells.

Comment

Thanks, that makes sense.

However I tried that and I still can't seem to get it to work.

I've got the block if around the pink SectionLink and in the condition editor I've got:
      SectionImageFileName != 'dot1.gif'

And the sections that I don't want to show up have the image file set to dot1.gif but they are still being processed.

Am I missing something ?

Thanks

Comment

Try putting some text just before and also inside your block so you can see that your test is in the correct place.

Comment

I'm not so sure the filename would be stored like that, you could try outputting the contents to see how it is in fact stored, i'd suspect sub folders are also included in the name, but i may be wrong.

However, i would create my own variable and set that to true or false accordingly on the sections i did or did not want processed. You can also set either tue or false to be inherited by all sections apart from the ones you manually change for example. Much quicker simpler and straightforward IMO.

Comment

Why not just test SectionFileName is empty the same way it is tested and dot1.gif is inserted?

Bikster
            SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thanks everybody.

I setup up a new true false variable for hiding the section and it worked a treat.

Comment

Working...
              X