Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

floating divs

Hi

Is it easy enough to add floating divs into a fragment or product description? want a moving image on some pages you see.
    Water is both ordered and flexible at the same time. It maintains its own identity, but conforms as necessary to the circumstances around it.

-Miyamoto Musashi - The Book of Five Rings

Jake
    Buy Fire Extinguishers
    Fire Extinguishers

Do you have a sample site where we can see what you're trying to do?

99.99% of the time I would advise against a floating moving image - it'll only put your customers off.

Are you planning to do this site-wide or on a single page?

Comment

just on certain pages, informative video that can be selected
      Water is both ordered and flexible at the same time. It maintains its own identity, but conforms as necessary to the circumstances around it.

-Miyamoto Musashi - The Book of Five Rings

Jake
      Buy Fire Extinguishers
      Fire Extinguishers

Comment

a floated <div> refers to a div which aligns up alongside another element (left or right) or clears other floated <div>.

To add to a fragment / product description simply use

!!<
        <div class="left"><code></div>
        >!!

in the actinic.css

.left {float:left;}

however I am not sure this is what you mean by a "floating div". If you want to to appear above the other code and be positioned you need to look at using a Javascript library to create a modal window.

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

i might of miss understood, but if you want to be able to select different vids would flash with a menu not be better, then the user can select the videos to watch.

i am certainly no expert with this sort of thing but one of my suppliers does just that and i use this one of my sites http://www.kitesrus.co.uk/acatalog/kiting_DVD.html scroll down a bit and your see what i mean

Comment

Working...
          X