Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help changing background color (v9)

Hello,

I would like to change the background color for the site, but I am unable to do so for some reason.
    I go into
    design>themes>advanced themes configuration>color scheme
    I can change whatever I want in this section except the background color.

Im guessing I have to change something around in the Actinic stylesheet ?

Also, please assume that I have no idea what im doing and give me step-by-step pointers.

Thanks,
    Gio

The background is defined in the Actinic stylesheet as part of the body.
    You can change the #D3EDF2 to perhaps #FFFFFF instead to give a white background.

If you find that this is an Actinic variable then the simplest is just to replace the variable with #FFFFFF.

Comment

Can you tell me where exactly in the body ? There is infact a variable called 'bgcolor', but when i changed that to #FFFFFF, nothing happens realy.

That is, changed this:
      background-color:<actinic:variable name="BGColor" />;

to this:
      background-color:#FFFFFF;

No difference.

Comment

Also, If I set 'store is using background color not image' to 'false' and browse for a image, nothing changes at all.

Not sure if that helps at all.

Comment

Perhaps it is set to use a background image. Check Site Options> General > Appearance Settings.
          Alan Johnson

Quality Parrot Cages & Accessories by Parrotize UK
          Pet Accessories by Animal Instinct

Comment

Nope.

I meant that i can go back and forth to setting the 'store uses image' to true or false, and nothing changes.

It IS set to true other that that though.

Comment

Take a look perhaps is themes.css as well for the background colour being defined.

Comment

I'd reset the stylesheet back to as it should be, this works as standard so the closer you get to that state the better. Make sure you do not have a stylesheet of your own which is redefining the body class after the actinic one or that you don't have any style declarations for this area in the overall layout itself.

Comment

Drounding - I opened up the 'theme.css' file and it only defined a background image. But i dont have any background picture.

Leehack - I dont realy know how to set it back. Im also unsure about redefining, because the site i am working on was not made by myself (only picked it up recently).

Im still quite confused.... Simply changing the background color should never be such an ordeal...

Comment

It's not an ordeal if someone hasn't had their hand in the cookie jar before you. It works as standard everytime.

If you right click on the stylesheet in the design library and click on 'compare' it will show you what is different on yours compared to the standard one. You can then either 'revert' the whole thing back to standard or just change the part in question manually.

Comment

I assume you mean design library > theme stylesheets, yes ?

I have a few themes in there and none of them have been modified at all.

EDIT: Okay, just for the heck of it, i registered a layout using dreamweaver from a simple html file(which has a black background), just to see if that would change anything, and after registering it, the background in actinic still has not changed colors.

Now whatever the problem, shouldnt the bg change after something like that ?

Comment

No, the main stylesheet, not the theme ones. It's in the outer group towards the bottom.

Comment

Ah! I did find the place in the code to change the color afterall! Thanks a lot! I was almost ready to start tearing my hair out because of this!

Cheers!

Comment

That hair removal phase will just be on hold, welcome to the 'nic.

Comment

I certainly hope not >.> once im done with redoing the color scheme and design I hope im out of the woods.

Comment

Working...
                              X