Section and Sub-Section Layout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Section and Sub-Section Layout

I sure this can be achieved but I'm seeing far too much wood at the moment....

The site has numerous sections and most have subsections and some have sub-sub-sections.

The home page displays all the top-level sections in the menu and then in the content area they are displayed again but with their sub-sections contained within their 'box'.

I want one of the top-level sections to link to a page that shows all the sub-sub-sections within that level rather than just list the sub-sections. The content area on the home page should still show just the sub sections though.

Is this possible? I think it is but just cannot get my head around the layouts to make it happen.

Any ideas, anyone?

Gilbo

So all bar 1 TLS displays the subsections but 1 TLS is to show the sub-subsection?

My attack would be a modified site map section link with a block if around the 1st level subsection to test against the single TLS you have singled out and similarly around th 2nd level subsection to test for the single TLS.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

I think I understand but not sure where I would edit the site map link.

The site is www.coda-systems.co.uk and the tls I've been referring to is Interfacing Components. This section is split into 4, soon to be 5 sections and then each section has multiple subsections or 'series'.

So when the user clicks on the TLS for Interfacing Coomponents, whether in the side menu or from the link in the 3 column inner layout, they are taken to a page listing all the series within all the sub-sections, currently 22 series and the final subsection Contact Lands.

Hope this makes better sense

TIA

Gilbo

Comment

Originally posted by agilbo View Post
        I think I understand but not sure where I would edit the site map link.
        In the library you need to duplicate the layout list (the grid like icon) and then insert a new section list into this (the pick circle) with your modified code... image attached showing the location of the default site map lists.

You can call the site map list anywhere in the outer layout (not just on the site map page). It is not going to be a stroll in the park point and click solution but it is achievable with a pinch of cunning and a lot of bludgering with a crowbar.
        Attached Files

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
        X