Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Create the extended info page but not to display product in section

Actinic Business v8.5.3 IDHB

I want to omit certain products from showing in the section pages, but I still want the extended info page to be created and uploaded.

If I set the Hide on Web Site, obviously this removes all references, including the extended info page, from the website, so is there a way to get Actinic to generate the extended info page with the Hide on Web Site set?

I have tried to do the following with Hide on Web Site not set...
    I have created a true/false variable on the product 'HideProductInList'
    then in the product list layout put a blockif around the whole code, testing the 'HideProduct' variable (HideProductInList != true).
    This omits the product on the section page (so this part of the requirement passes) but does not create the extended info page (fails requirement).

So I added a second blockif to the end of the list layout to use ExtendedInfoPageDesign (this time, HideProductInList == true).
    This creates the extended info page (passes), but leaves a blank space on the section page where the prodct would have appeared (fails).

Code:
    <!-- blockif line added -->
    <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22HideProductInList%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20true" >
    ...normal product list layout code...
    <!-- end blockif line added -->
    </actinic:block>
    <!-- try and generate ext info page -->
    <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22HideProductInList%22%20%2f%3e%20%20%3d%3d%20true" >
    	<actinic:variable name="ExtendedInfoPageDesign" />
    </actinic:block>
    I've also tried the above code with the Hide on Web Site set. No joy there either (not in section - pass, no ext info page - fail).

I'm sure there must be a way! Any ideas please...

A dirty hack would be

<div class="noShow">
    ... product layout ...
    </div>

in actinic.css

.noShow{display:none;}

wrap the opening and closing <div> in your block if to test the variable set against each product.

This is an ugly hack and I am fairly sure there is a prettier solution but it is early after a late night of staring at Actinic layouts

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

If you check "Hide on Website" then the product will not appear in the Product List at all. So this method cannot be used.

You'll have to use a user Variable.

The Standard Product List and Product List With Horizontal Dividers put each product within a table cell, so this cell will be created even if you omit displaying the product.

The Bare Product List layout does not use table cells. You could use this as your Product List Layout and add code there to skip displaying the product and only generate the Extended Info page if your user Variable is set.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Cheers guys,

Both methods work when only using single line entries but I am using multi-column. You've saved me from going round in circles though.

For the record, I decided to create a new section and unset the Include in Site Map field. And, on each product in this new section, unset the Can be Ordered Online field, also storing the original section in a new text field (in case I need to move it back). Also, I check the Can be Ordered Online field in the extended info layout to show "Sorry, not available...".

A bit more work in data manipulation but at least it does the job.

Comment

Working...
        X