Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Products repeating themselves on content page

Hi
    I hope someone can help, I have V9 business and for some reason it is now showing products three times on my pages- www.jecappliances.co.uk - would love some advise as it looks so bad!
    thanks Annabelle

My first thought is that you have some sort of issue with you're product/section layout, but without seeing the code we're working a little blind.

Have you edited any layouts recently?

On a side note, is you have to tell customers to click on the image to buy, then the buying method isn't obvious enough. Customers, IME, skim through text, so may miss that and walk away. What's wrong with a buy button?

Army Gore-tex
    Winter Climbing Mitts
    webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
    Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

would love some advise as it looks so bad!
      look at what comet, argos, iceland etc are doing and copy their lead...

Comment

I'd imagine that you have both top and bottom sub section list layouts set to something, you have to use one or the other (set one to no layout). Look in site options. If it is not set up in that way, then check on the section itself also.

Comment

Hi
          Thanks for the advice - have got it sorted! WebD and Leehack thank you - Pinbrook I just needed some advice we are just a small company - like you!

Comment

Annabelle, I'm glad you got it sorted.

Can I go a little off topic here please? ;-)

I'm a big fan of white background and dark text, it's much clearer to visitors and IMO It would also make you images look more professional.

Unless the image bg is the same colour as your page, or bordered to make a distint difference, I'm afraid it makes the page look less professional than it should.

Have a look at the attachment and compare it to your page. Let me know what you think.
            Attached Files

Army Gore-tex
            Winter Climbing Mitts
            Twitter LinkedIN

Comment

Originally posted by webD View Post
              Annabelle, I'm glad you got it sorted.

Can I go a little off topic here please? ;-)

I'm a big fan of white background and dark text, it's much clearer to visitors and IMO It would also make you images look more professional.

Unless the image bg is the same colour as your page, or bordered to make a distint difference, I'm afraid it makes the page look less professional than it should.

Have a look at the attachment and compare it to your page. Let me know what you think.
              Does look good - do you think I should change it? Jason has done www.gasdryers.co.uk and quite likes the grey background - what do you think? There have been lots of views of your examples - what does everyone else think?

Thanks for all your help!

Comment

Originally posted by Annabelle View Post
                Jason has done www.gasdryers.co.uk
                does Jason know that the links on the gasdryers site to the main jecappliances site are broken?
                Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Hi
                  Thanks for the advice - have got it sorted! WebD and Leehack thank you - Pinbrook I just needed some advice we are just a small company - like you!
                  indeed but the whole thing about the internet is that if you get it right you have the opportunity to compete with the big guys and win... i was suggesting looking at what the big guys in your field do an cherry pick the good stuff. They wil lhave spend good money on research and will be using all the best techniques to present their sites to gain sales.

I'm not sure what your strategy is to get sales, personally when i want white goods i either go to the sites i previously mentioned or i shop locally. why would i change that and shop with you? these are the questions you need to ask yourself.

Comment

Does look good - do you think I should change it? Jason has done www.gasdryers.co.uk and quite likes the grey background - what do you think? There have been lots of views of your examples - what does everyone else think?

Thanks for all your help!
                    Following on from what Jo has been saying. Jason may well like grey and if you like your bg colour then stick with it, but the imgs I attached IMO look more professional.

Take a look here: Currys

Army Gore-tex
                    Winter Climbing Mitts
                    Twitter LinkedIN

Comment

Working...
                    X