Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Display Second Section

Hi I am trying to get the online catalogue to work the way I want it,

I would like the (Online Catalogue) New Section as the header which I have got that bit working, the bit I don’t know is how to display the Second Section of that section.

If anyone can help me I would much appreciate it.

Do you have a picture or a link as an example because your explanation isn't the easiest to grasp without it.

Comment

Display Second Section

Hi Lee, Picture1 is how it is now, and Picture2 is how I would like it.

that avatar looks a bit like me, but I can see daylight LOL.
      Attached Files

Comment

It looks like you want to display only the children of the Section you're in. Try:
        Code:
        <actinic:block type="ChildSectionList">
        	<actinic:variable name="SectionName" />
        	<br/>
        </actinic:block>
        This is just a basic display. Look at a Section Link layout for the code needed to make the SectioName a link.

E.g.
        Code:
        <actinic:block type="ChildSectionList">
        	<a href="<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsLoginPageSuppressed%22%20%2f%3e%20AND%0d%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22UnregCustomersAreNotAllowed%22%20%2f%3e" ><actinic:variable name="SectionPageName" /></actinic:block><actinic:block if="%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsLoginPageSuppressed%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20false%29%20OR%0d%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22UnregCustomersAreNotAllowed%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20false%29" ><actinic:variable name="SectionURL" /></actinic:block>" target="_self"><actinic:variable name='SectionName'/></a>
        	<br/>
        </actinic:block>
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Display Second Section

Cheers Norman for the help, now all I need to know is how to get it to display the ChildSection correctly when you click on the TopLevelSection I would like the childsection to show for that group and so on. Im using the tabs at the top for the main areas of the shop for navigation e.g. Sweets, Clothing, Computers and when clicked would like it to show that childsection in the menu

Comment

If you simply make your tabs link to the appropriate pages, then the job is done. If you want dynamic behaviour without loading pages then that is a much more complex job.

Something like (pseudo code):
            Code:
            start block TOPLEVELSECTIONS
              Create Tab
              create hidden div with unique id
              start block CHILDSECTIONLIST
                store link to hidden div
              end block
              end hidden div
              add code to Tab to move hidden div contents to left hand menu if clicked
            end block

Comment

Display Second Section

Sorry for being a pest! be what I am looking for is something like the side navigation menu on the Boots website (boots.com). But was not sure how to put that in to words lol, hopefully that will show you what I mean. Thanks

Comment

You are going to need considerable actinic experience to do something like that yourself. I don't think it's a solution you will get handed on a plate within a forum as it involves a number of steps and time to setup.

I think your realistic options are:
                1. Pay an experienced actinic user to do this for you
                2. Get studying blocks, blockifs, layouts, html & css and variables so you can talk in the same language as people who can help you
                3. Use an addon off a site such as www.drillpine.biz which gets you a menu in the ballpark of what you want for a really small outlay

Comment

Display Second Section

Cheers Norman, for your help took 3 day to work it out lol, and I have it working now thanks.

And thanks to Gabriel for his navigation tutorial

leehack a forum is where people can ask questions on a subject, as I dont have much spare time that is why I asked for HELP. I was just not sure what Norman ment when he sent his last post but now I do, and I think my realistic options are is DO IT MYSELF.

Comment

Originally posted by allenmally8 View Post
                    as I dont have much spare time that is why I asked for HELP.
                    Found 3 days from somewhere on this particular problem it would appear?

Counter that against £35 + vat and 10 minutes to install (an addon off the shelf) and i don't really see your point. I also don't see how any of my post didn't ring true in your case and I certainly didn't say a forum was not for asking for help. Likewise it's not for not being told the truth.

You seem to have taken things a little wrongly, but i'll let you off as your 3 day slog is over and the elation has probably taken over.

Comment

Lee wasn't tellng you off for asking. Just giving a likely list of the possible ways to go. You chose the self-educate route which will have given you considerable useful experience for when you next need to tweak things.

Comment

Hi maybe I did jump down your throat Lee "sorry Lee", but when I looked at the post how to do it, I did not think it was the info I needed, thats why I posted back, as was only a couple of lines "I thought err" but WOW it works, but I do like to learn things myself, but sometimes we all need help.

When I said 3 days, mean only a couple of hours each day, would love to spend 24/7 on the comp lol.

Comment

Working...
                        X