Hiding a Section

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hiding a Section

I have trawled through the forum looking for a way to hide a specific section by using the SectionID from the TopLevelSectionList without any luck.

I still want to use the full TopLevelSectionList in other places on the site I just want to get rid of Section ID number 2 in one area.

Any ideas?

Gilbo

Create a true/false variable at section level. "ShowInNav" for instance.

Place a block around the TopLevelSectionList then you can change the CV for each of the sections you want to hide.

Army Gore-tex
    Winter Climbing Mitts
    webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
    Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

Hi,

I tried that one earlier and it removes it from all instances of top level section which is not what I'm trying to achieve.

Comment

I used that method on some client sites, so it does work trust me.

If it's removing all sections, it's not set up correctly.

Code:
        <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ShowSectionInNavBar%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20TRUE">
        	<actinic:variable name="TopLevelSectionLink" />
        </actinic:block>
        That's what you need. In you layout.

Then set your variable to false at section level.

Army Gore-tex
        Winter Climbing Mitts
        webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
        Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

Hi Rich,

Yep that works but it removes it from the home page main area too which is not what I want it to do.

I want to split the top level sections in the main navigation that appears on the left so that I can put a divider in so that I show one top level section title, the divider and then the rest of the top sections. Meanwhile in the main area of the page I want ot display all top level sections, and as I am displaying each tls in a box in 3 columns I get a hole where the first tls box should be.

I have tried using SectionID != 2 in a Block If statement around the TopLevelSectionLink and TopLevelSectionList but without any luck

Gilbo

Comment

Forget using sectionID, use a variable that you have set to true as default and just set it to false on the one you wish to hide. Then evaluate that variable via a blockif to see whether the link should show on the page in question. Perhaps instead of talking about what you are doing and telling us, you'd be better to show us the code, we can point out what you are doing wrong then. You may in fact need to create 2 variables, one to say 'on this page' and the other to use in the blockif to evaluate whether the link shows. i.e. Are we on 'this' page and is this variable set to 'that'.

Comment

Working...
            X