Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resizing Choice Dropdowns +Advanced view issue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resizing Choice Dropdowns +Advanced view issue.

Firstly, extremely n00bish: when I open any of the layouts through the design library the view has changed to advanced view rather than the usual bit of pink and orange you can click through. Pressing the 'switch between basic and advanced views button' in this window however, changes between two different htmlish views and no longer back to the original basic view.

Secondly: changed the width of the drop down choice boxes on the extended info page via the layouts in the design library, but now some of them are misaligned further to the left or right and I cant figure out why. Tried fiddling with table widths and things like that all morning but nothing seems to have an effect.
    Also weird is that the attributes contained within the first component are fine but the attributes contained within the second are a mixture of correctly aligned and varying degrees of hey where are you going?

Can we have a look? as ever a URL is the most helpful thing you can provide.

Comment

The site isnt uploaded and I'm not allowed to do so. I'd show you what I've changed code wise but I can't get to that area because of the weird view change >.<

Comment

Crystal balls at the ready then.....

Comment

Mhm, if the advanced view issue was sorted then I could screenshot... but I've restarted and reloaded everything and its still appearing advanced.

Comment

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is a prime example of why this forum needs to be controlled, otherwise Actinic are further encouraging users with counterfeit licenses to use their counterfeit software. No name, no company, no URL, nothing.

Comment

Ok awesome, fixed the view somehow. I'm not sure what in other areas might be effecting this, but here is what was changed.

In design library> choice lists> drop down choice list> edit layout settings> start of list.

changing from: <select name="<Actinic:Variable Name="UIWidgetName"/>" class="form_input_general" style="width:100px;">

to this: <select name="<Actinic:Variable Name="UIWidgetName"/>" class="form_input_general" style="width:155px;">

changes the drop down boxes from this:

to this:

And to grantgelndinnin: what good is the URL if the problem isnt uploaded to it? I don't see why my name is important. And our licence is legal, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Wei View Post
                And to grantgelndinnin: what good is the URL if the problem isnt uploaded to it? I don't see why my name is important. And our licence is legal, thank you.
                There's a trend of new users coming along, hiding their name, company name URL, etc - does this seem suss - ie. using counterfeit licenses, or Actinic "developers" that don't have a clue and expect other developers who know what they're talking about to help them out for free, while they get the £££ from the client.

It would be good if you could post the site for review once you get it live...

Comment

We don't have the design version, just the catalogue. I didn't design the site but I am working on it with what I know from the two actinic courses and some knowledge of HTML/CSS. The people who did design the site didn't even close their br tags, so things are a bit confusing code wise, and of course there is no reason why they would change parts of the design for free after my boss has told them he is happy with the site.

I could have entered any name and you wouldn't know if it was real. Lets say my name is Wei Yuantai, you see? The same could easily be done with company name.

Comment

Working...
                  X