Different discount layouts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Different discount layouts?

Is it possible to have different discount layouts, so that the discount information at the top of the page is formatted in a different way to the information on the product itself?

I'm running Actinic Business 9.0.4 JFJA; I've had a look through the AUG, the knowledgebase and searched on this forum, but not found anything that helps (though it's difficult sometimes to know how to phrase a search). I've had a go at trying to work through it logically, but it didn't seem to work:

I started by duplicating the 'Standard Discount Layout' and naming it 'Standard Top Discount Layout'. Then I edited the DiscountSelector and checked the 'Section' and 'Product' boxes in the 'Place of setting' section. I then went into the 'Advanced Place of Setting' and restricted the 'Section' to the 'Standard Top Discount Layout' and the 'Product' to the 'Standard Discount Layout' - thinking that the product would be restricted to the standard layout, and the section would use the top layout.

However, when I changed the setting on the section, the layout was applied to the product, and when I changed the product, it was applied to the section!

Then I've tried to change the 'SectionDiscountList' selector to try and apply the 'Standard Top Discount Layout', but it's not available as a choice, and I'm not sure how to make it available.

If it can't be done, then I'll simply comment out the top level discount section in the overall page to completely remove the top discount - but I guess that's a last resort.

I feel sure that it's not working because I've missed some simple and obvious step, but being so close to it, I can't see it! Please can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.

Have you tried placing the changeable discount into a named <div id="n"> and then styling that in the actinic.css? The cascade from a #n object should override any local styling.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

No I hadn't - but it's a great idea! I normally style the site with externally-linked css files, but using classes rather that IDs. I guess there's a time and place for using IDs - and this is one of them …

Thanks Jont

Comment

I've cracked it (with Jont's help of course!) - it was very simple in the end.

I just created a style class as a 'container' for the product discount list - that had the specific width required with no margin or padding - and I added a <div> tag on the 'Standard Discount List', which is wrapped around the code in the 'Standard Discount Layout'.

The actual formatting of the 'Standard Discount Layout' doesn't have a width specified in the style sheet - rather, it expands to fill the available space.

This means that the entry at the top of the page expands to fill the entire width, whereas the 'container' <div> in the product restricts it to the required width for the product entry.

Hopefully this will prove useful for others.

Comment

Working...
        X