My background image tiles right across the page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My background image tiles right across the page

I've been struggling with this for a few days now so I've finally plucked up courage to post a question (my first).

Bearing in mind I haven't really dabbled with any layout changes before, I want to put a background image down the two blank sides of my current site.
    Having looked at various posts, I've managed to create a background page layout in the stylesheet and incorporate it into my <body> tag. What I can't do is get the image to stay on the left hand side and the right, all it does is tile across the entire page, alternatively I can get it to stay on the left using no-repeat.

Can anyone please help?

I'm working on actinic version 9.0.4.0.0.0.0.JFJA

Thank you

Welcome to the forum Caroline...

Are you able to give us a URL, or at least screen prints of the page and the code you are using?

Many thanks,

Rich

Army Gore-tex
    Winter Climbing Mitts
    webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
    Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

Sorry about that, I knew I'd forget something - it's a bit nerve-racking to a complete beginner!

My site is www.brocklehurstsofbakewell.co.uk but I haven't uploaded the version with the background image.

The code I've used is as follows:

#pageBackground {
      background-color: #ffffff;
      background-image: url('xmas-bg.jpg');
      background-repeat: repeat-x;
      background-position: 50%;
      min-height: 750px;
      height: auto;
      height: 750px;
      }

Then I've placed this in my <body> tag. The above results in the image tiling across the whole page, whereas if I put no-repeat it'll just sit down the left hand side.

Comment

Working...
      X