Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

registering different layouts from DW into act 8

Hi there

I had created an overall page layout which I was using for my entire site, registered it in actinic and used it for all layouts. However I decided I wanted a new layout for the checkout pages etc which didn't have a flash movie up top to distract from paying and reviewing the order.

So I created this in DW and registered it - I highlighted from 'add to cart confirmation/shopping cart/checkout pages 0-3/receipt/bounce page/SSL bounce page to 'overwrite saved cart confirmation page'

I then checked in actinic and it was using the new layout for ALL the pages - not just the ones I had selected.

Is there a way I can segregate these two layouts - have had a look in the help but still none the wiser...?

Have looked in design > themes > advanced> page layouts

it lists my two different layouts - changed overall page layout to the previously used layout but it didn't change anything....

I'm assuming you've given these two layouts different names?

Army Gore-tex
    Winter Climbing Mitts
    webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
    Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

Hi there

Yes they are 'external design' and 'final layout' they are showing that in the library so they do exist

Comment

Which layout is selected in Site Options | Layout | Overall Page Layout?

Army Gore-tex
        Winter Climbing Mitts
        Twitter LinkedIN

Comment

Easiest way to do this is to use a blockif around code that needs to different based on the pagetype. You only need to maintain one layout then.

Comment

Yes I just changed this - it was using the newly created 'external design' which I wanted to just use for checkout pages

So changed it to 'final design' (not final layout) and applied, but nothing happened

Comment

Originally posted by drounding View Post
              Easiest way to do this is to use a blockif around code that needs to different based on the pagetype. You only need to maintain one layout then.
              Agreed.

Strange how she's got to this situation though... Suze, have you thought about using Duncan's suggestion?

Army Gore-tex
              Winter Climbing Mitts
              Twitter LinkedIN

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                Hi there

Yes they are 'external design' and 'final layout' they are showing that in the library so they do exist
                Originally posted by Suze View Post
                So changed it to 'final design' (not final layout) and applied, but nothing happened
                You've mentioned 3 different layouts???

Army Gore-tex
                Winter Climbing Mitts
                Twitter LinkedIN

Comment

yes I have 2 layouts but misspelt one by accident. Thank you I shall try Duncans suggestion now

Comment

ooh I finally figured something out on my own! I just need to change the layout in the content tree in the layout tab - didn't think it would be that easy with actinic Thanks for the help any 'ho!

Comment

Go one level higher and do it in site options instead.

Comment

Working...
                      X