Phantom buttons in a layout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phantom buttons in a layout

So I have been making a site with multiple layouts in it by creating and modifying library elements. This is all going quite well, if slowly (very new to this). But now I have a button, that I want and need, that does not display in Actinic v9 - it shows up in the firefox though. And the button seems to do what it is supposed to.

See my code in the pic.

Can any one tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks
    Cuan
    Attached Files

A URL would help, your image helps very little if anything without it.

Comment

Unfortunately I am working locally for various reasons. Is there any other way that I can provide you with what you need to help? Screen shots, code from Firefox etc.

Comment

Just carry on with other things and revisit once you are on test domain (getting on test domain should be the very first thing you do in reality).

Comment

Actinic stores everything in the acatalog folder on your server.

You are using a relative pathname for that image. This won't work as you expect.

Store all images (and other files) that are part of the design directly into your site folder (usually Site1) and use simple src tags (like src="imbiza_button_checkout.gif").

You may also want to add width and height attributes to that tag so that the browser can lay out the page better while the image is loading.

BTW images that are not part of your design (Product, Section images etc) are best kept in a sub-folder of the Site folder. Actinic will automatically handle these correctly.
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks for that. A version of the site is live at the moment that's why I am working locally.

About the sub-folder for images but I get the "\" instead of "/" problem, I have tried to set it manualy but it didn't work.

Comment

It is only in site options when you define a BG image that the slash needs to be switched round, nowhere else. I always have my design images in a sub folder of the site folder and call the images relatively from the site 1 folder level and never have any problems.

Comment

A version of the site is live at the moment that's why I am working locally.
                Actinic has a "Test" mode whereby it uploads into a Test sub-folder of your usual site. This lets you test an under devolpment site on the same host as the live without overwriting anything. Look in the "Web" menu for "Switch to test Mode" and see the Help for more info.

BTW Lee does a lot of design work so his advice regarding a safe location of design images will be good.

You're in Windows when Previewing a site so you may well need Windows type backslashes in filenames.

You can always look the the source of the preview page and see what the src tags become.
                Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
                X