VAT totals on basket page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VAT totals on basket page

I have a shop displaying VAT inclusive pricing.

However on the basket page there is a sub total and VAT amount displaying.

The site is retail only so I want to remove the VAT/Subtotal line.

Anyone know of an option or layout to remove that line?

You should be able to find this in the Shopping Cart layout (in the Design tab, pick Shopping Cart from the drop down at the top). In the preview window, click on the line you want to remove then go to the code window and the cursor should be somewhere near the right bit of code to remove / comment out.
    ActiveStock
    On-line, real-time stock control plug-in for Actinic V7, V8 and V9
    **New - Captcha plug-in for your Contact Us form**

ActiveStock website
    Free 30 Day Trial
    ActiveStock Blog (including a new tutorial on a 'Sort By' function for long section pages)

Comment

Not just delete line?

Hello Richard. I would also like the same as Paul. However, I am a little concerned that deleting or commenting out the script for the VAT sub-total line will just do that - remove the VAT amount line - rather than also make the amount for the product in the basket the total for the product including VAT. I don't want to try it to find out as my site is very live, so I need to be confident that it will do the right thing.

Sarah

Comment

Hello Sarah
        You're right, commenting out the VAT line in the layout will only change the display - it has no effect on the calculation. If you want to show the VAT inclusive price for each line in the basket then you may need to investigate using Tax Inclusive pricing.
        ActiveStock
        On-line, real-time stock control plug-in for Actinic V7, V8 and V9
        **New - Captcha plug-in for your Contact Us form**

ActiveStock website
        Free 30 Day Trial
        ActiveStock Blog (including a new tutorial on a 'Sort By' function for long section pages)

Comment

Working...
        X