Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Section / Sub Section Filters

Hello all,

As a newbie I have gone through the getting started guide, the advanced user guide and trawled many plug in providers but can't find anything on adding filters to specific sections based on user-definable variables or attributes.

I have seen the section on "Searching On Product Properties" but this isn't quite what I'm looking to achieve.

My example:

I have a section / sub-section that has around 100 products listed in it by several different manufacturers. How can I have a drop down menu that will allow me to filter by a certain manufacturer or any other user-defined variable in that section only?

Apologies if this is somewhere and have overlooked it but I've been searching all weekend now

Regards

Norman @ Drillpine.biz has a sort tool you can add to your site. it can sort by price and name and i think you sort by CV as well with some adjustment.

But there might be a anther way to, that i don't know.
    Elliott - Weybridge Lights

www.weybridgelights.co.uk

Comment

Thanks JG.

I have seen this but not really wanting to sort.

I actually want to filter so only products by a certain manufacturer are displayed out of a list that contains several manufacturers for example.

Example:
      Section - Books (1200)
      Sub Section - Thriller (400)

The thriller sub section would have either a very long list or many pages depending on how you set it up.

Would be nice to then filter the 400 x thriller books by author or by anything else defined (a bit like filtering in an excel spreadsheet i suppose)

Thanks again

Comment

Are you looking for something like stinkyinkshop??

If so, search the forum for "dropdowns"
        Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
        SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
        Based in rural Northants

Comment

Yes like them

If you click on HP Ink for example then it gives you 2 drop downs to filter out the results shown.

I'll have a search for drop downs and see where I get.
          Thanks

If anyone knows where/how etc even better.
          I'm getting closer!!

Comment

Have downloaded stinklyinks dropdowns stuff so will give it a go.

Thanks everyone for your help

Comment

Working...
            X