Displaying Permutation Prices at Section Level

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Displaying Permutation Prices at Section Level

Is it possible to list permuation prices as section level.

I currently have prices displayed at section level and where necessary also display price breaks at section level, but have a couple of products that use permutations to calculate the price (example: Stinger Golf Tees) but at the parent section level the price is just displayed as £3.20 and would ideally like to show the price as £3.20 to £40.95.

If this is not possible I will use the following code:
    Code:
    <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PricingModel%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%201"> From </actinic:block>
    to show the price as 'From £3.20' instead.

On a similar issue, when displaying product prices at section level the price does not display if a fragment is present on the product page, is there away around this. At the moment I have turned off the fragment as couldn't see away to get around the problem.
    Darren Guppy
    Golf Tee Warehouse
    Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

but have a couple of products...
    Your answer's kind of in that quote above. If there's only a few such items then the huge amount of work that would be required to automate it is a waste of effort.

Alternatively, use a user Variable that you manually set (e.g. from £1.23 to £4.56) for these few items . If set, display that; if not, go get the product price.

Trying for a general solution is very difficult. A product price could be a sum of many Components, each with many sets of Attributes and all sorts of Permutations (some involving Associated products, some not) to create a price. More work than it's worth.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Originally posted by NormanRouxel View Post
      Just use a user Variable that you set for these few items. If set, display that, if not go get the product price.
      Thanks Norman, that will do nicely, I hadn't considered the custom variable option.

Any ideas on the fragment preventing prices displaying at section level.
      Darren Guppy
      Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

As for Fragments interfering with price display. Without seeing the code you're using it's hard to comment.

Comment

At the parent section level I have the following Code:
          Code:
          <actinic:block type="ProductList" >
          	<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ListCount%22%20%2f%3e%20%3e%3d%202">
          		<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ListIndex%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%201" >
          			<actinic:variable name="PriceListRetail" value="Section List Price Breaks" />
          		</actinic:block>
          Where the layout 'Section List Price Breaks' is a list layout containing the following code:
          Code:
          <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PriceIsEnabled%22%20%2f%3e">
          	<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsFirstQuantityBreak%22%20%2f%3e" >	<actinic:variable Name="QuantityDescMin"/><actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20Name%3d%22QuantityDescMin%22%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20%3cactinic%3avariable%20Name%3d%22QuantityDescMax%22%2f%3e" >+</actinic:block><br/></actinic:block>
          	<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsMiddleQuantityBreak%22%20%2f%3e" >	<actinic:variable Name="QuantityDescMin"/><actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20Name%3d%22QuantityDescMin%22%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20%3cactinic%3avariable%20Name%3d%22QuantityDescMax%22%2f%3e" >+</actinic:block><br/></actinic:block>
          	<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsLastQuantityBreak%22%20%2f%3e" >	<Actinic:Variable Name="QuantityDescMin"/>+<br/></actinic:block>
          	<actinic:variable name="PreFormattedPrice" value="Product Price Including Tax" />	
          The result can be seen on this page: Golf Accessories where products with price breaks display a price break table. It is only products with price breaks that are effected by the fragment problem. eg. the price break table disappears on the 4th product down the page 'dBrush' when a fragment is inserted above the product on the SPP for the product.
          Darren Guppy
          Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

Can't really read your code as I am viewing this on my phone - something that may help is that Actinic treats fragments as products in a lot of situations. Checking that the product name is not empty makes sure you are not dealing with a fragment rather than a real product x
            Unusual Silver Jewellery
            Giftmill - Unusual Gifts
            Crystal Healing Jewellery
            Steampunk Jewellery

Comment

You can also use the ProductType variable.

Where 0 = Product, 1 = Duplicate, 2 = Fragment.

Comment

Thanks Norman, Andys post got me thinking and I was just thinking about adding a BlockIf to check for fragments.

Will take a more detailed look tonight and hopefully will be able to come up with a blockif statement to ignore the fragment and look at the product instead.
                Darren Guppy
                Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

I have spent a couple of hours without success so will probably delete the fragment to save the hassle.

The closest I got was placing
                  Code:
                  <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ProductType%22%20%2f%3e%20%20%3d%3d%200" >
                  around the
                  Code:
                  <actinic:block type="ProductList" >
                  which then added the prices in but doubled up (once in the formatted table and the second time not), then after some more fiddling Actinic started crashing repeatedly and I had to revert to a previous snapshot and gave up.
                  Darren Guppy
                  Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

Working...
                  X