Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whats gone wrong here ??

Can somebody tell me whats gone wrong with the template here;

If you see all the items that should be in the right sidebar are down the bottom of the page.

help please.
    Reverse Osmosis Water Filters

Most likely a coding error, someone who has been deleting or changing things has got trigger happy with a closing or opening html tag i suspect. Probably quicker to revert to a working snapshot if said person cannot recall what they were playing with at the time as tracing can sometimes be very difficult.

Comment

Brochure pages template is different to that for the section pages. On one the right sidebar is part of the overall table, on the other the right sidebar is setup as its own table outside of the main table. As the main table is set to 950 wide, there is no room, so it goes to where it can find some room.

In other words, the right sidebar went to sit down on the train, but there is a big fat sheila on the seat whose backside spreads over 1.5 seats and she has a big cream cake next to her in the 0.5 a seat. It therefore has to find some space to sit down, so goes to the seat behind.

Comment

so if i make the centre table down to say 600. this should make the right sidebars go back to the right hand side ?
        Reverse Osmosis Water Filters

Comment

I'm not exactly sure to be quite honest, i've never tried a bodge like that before, 600 width would certainly be too little though. If you have no specific requirement to manage 2 overall layouts, look to simplify things and have all pages on your site using one universal template (the one that works). You don't get any hassle on mixed design then and you're managing one design not two. You need to get your overall layout used on section pages set against brochure pages too, a much much easier setup.

Open up the overall layout group in the design library and make sure the section page layout you are using is also available in the list for the brochure pages (on the values tab of the selector).

Comment

Working...
          X