Showing selected sections only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Showing selected sections only

I am very new to Actinic. but I am slowley figuring it out. I have had a look for my problem but have not been able to find the answer and im fairly sure it is a simple one.

I am currently trying to build a left hand navigation which only contains the products of my store.

The products are broken up into 2 'Sections'. A main header section and a product section.

How my sections are catogorized in the catalog

Code:
    Heroes
    - batman
    - superman
    - spiderman
    - hulk

Villians
    - doc oc
    - king pin
    - joker
    - lex luthor

Minor
    - robin
    - luois lane
    - betty ross
    - alfred

I have built the CSS navigation so that when you click on the header section (IE Hero, Villian or Minor) it expands to show the character names.

What i am after

I want the character names 'Level 2 Sections' to link to their product pages. I dont need the Level 1 sections in the navigation to go anywhere (heroes/villians/minor)

I have the code for the CSS but I only have partial code for the actinic bit displaying section lists (Thanks to Gabe Crowe's tutorial!).

Code:
    <li><ul>
    <actinic:block type="EntireSectionList">
    <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22SectionLevel%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%202" >
    <li><a href="<actinic:variable name="SectionPageName"/>"><actinic:variable name='SectionName'/></a>
    </actinic:block>
    </actinic:block>
    </ul></li>
    Which lists all of the 2nd Level sections (Character names), which is partially what I want.

What I need is the bit of code that will allow me only to show characters 1-4 (heroes) then characters 5-8 (villians) etc.

Any help would be greatly appreceiated.

Spend £35 at drillpine.biz and buy the accordion menu, it will all be setup and installed for you in about 4 minutes flat. There's no point struggling and spending hours on things like this.

Comment

Hi Lee,

It is actually the Accordion plugin that I am using, I am actually working from someone else's design. Im currently trying to mash it into actinic.

Just cant get the links to work, I could hard code them I suppose? But there must be a way actinic does this?

Comment

If you have the accordion plugin from drillpine, i'd suggest that it's your section structure that is wrong. Look to have a TLS for each of the main headings and then sub sections for each of the sub sections, the menu will then read those automatically. Do not do it manually, seriously do not go down that route.

Comment

Working...
        X