My last 3 personal layout problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My last 3 personal layout problems

I'm finishing my upgrade from V7 to V9 ! Here's my last (I hope) 3 layout irritants :

1. I use a 2 columns layout to show the alphabetical listing of the authors of my books ! But Actinic list them alphabetically from left to right :

Faber, Alexandre | Fabre, Jacqueline
    Fagyas, Maria | Fährmann, Willi
    Fairstein, Linda | Falkner, William C.
    Fallaci, Oriana | Famot
    Farago, Ladislas | Farah - Shahbanou d'Iran
    Fardeau, André | Fargier, Marie-Odile
    Farmer, Frances | Fasquelle, Solange

Could I make Actinic show them alphabetically from top to bottom and then... change colomn :
    Faber, Alexanre | Famot
    Fabre, Jacqueline | Farago, Ladislas
    Fagyas, Marias | Farah - Shahbanou d'Iran

2. In the invoice, I would like to show the bought items in ascending reference numbers. First items listing would be the smallest reference number and then, the second one, etc... In don't know what's the ordering procedure now !

3. The template email are now shown in courrier when editing them. They were shown to the screen in Arial in V7. Is there a way to set them to show in Arial even if there sent in Courrier ?
    Bernard Morin

Comments more than solutions.....

1. Off hand I can't think of an easy way to do want you want but in any case I'd leave the list in one column personally as I wouldn't want to be scrolling down looking at the left side only to find that I had to go back to the top and then look down the right side.

2. Without messing with the report too much it is possible to modify the report to print the order detail product reference alphabetically but if your references are numeric then you would see this 1, 11, 2, 23, 3, 4, 5, etc. This may be OK if you have alphanumeric references of course. The product references are handled as text by default in the report.

3. Don't know of a solution to this - but does it really matter?

Comment

1. I apply 2 columns because the listing can get very looooonng and 1 column is not very graphically pleasing.

2. Maybe setting the report to 1, 11, 2, 23 solution would help the package preperation ! Better than nothing !

3. I have to edit the « Payment received » email because there's no way to have no English text showing. Because I cannot change the size of the editing windows and the text in courrier is so large, I have a lot of window manipulations to make in order to correct/add my email.
      Bernard Morin

Comment

1. The longer the list, the worse your idea is surely? If it's that big and unyiedly, i'd focus on looking to set alphabetical sections instead and links (26 of them, one per letter).

A "very loose" example of the kind of thing you could be considering instead - http://www.heaven-spa.co.uk/acatalog...y-symptom.html

Comment

Or like this:
          http://www.kjbeckett.com/acatalog/me...-designer.html

Comment

I like your solutions ! I'll try it but I think some of my lists are much too long !

http://www.secondemain.ca/acatalog/S...n_W_12954.html

Thank you !
            Bernard Morin

Comment

I just tried to replicate those layouts... without success !
              I am using « Reflective » theme.
              Are those possible « right out of the box » or do they suppose some « pro » modifications ?

Thank You !
              Bernard Morin

Comment

Mine needed modifications, a custom section link layout using the child section list had to be created.

Comment

Working...
                X