Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do edit a custom .css

Hello
    I am new to Actinic so any help is much appreciated.

I have registered a layout but now I'd like to edit my .css. I figure that I should be able to do this from the Actinic Designer interface but don't know how.

I read in the help file that I should be able to 'right-click on an HTML tag in your layout that is using a tag from your custom stylesheet, and then select 'Look Up In Stylesheet'. This should open my .css editor but it does not even though I have one installed (Dreamweaver).

Can anyone help me out with this. Thanks in advance.

Don't bother trying to do it via the interface, just do it in Dreamweaver, as you save actinic will update with the changes. Much better in DW as that is a CSS interface.

However, if you insist on doing it that way, then just add your CSS onto the end of the actinic stylesheet available from the drop down list on the design tab. Remember to remove the reference to your stylesheet if you do this.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I am more than happy to edit via Dreamweaver. Infact I just tried doing that and the changes were not applied to my site. Do you just save and the changes are made or do you have to do something via the Actinic tab in Dreamweaver again?

Comment

I save my changes in DW and then select a different page in the content tree to see them in action. The page change forces the restyle, nothing else needed.

Comment

Then I am missing something. Do you open the file from the Actinic v9\Sites\Site1 location and then edit it?

Comment

I setup the site1 folder as the site folder when you create a site with DW. I just open it up from the list, change it, save it and flick back to actinic to see it. Did you follow what the very large warning message that came up on screen said to do when you was registering?

Comment

Thanks for your patience. Yes I did. I couldn't figure out the location of the file that I needed to edit but I have it now.

I have run in to another problem. If I add a ShoppingCartSummary in to my design I get a 'A JavaScript error has been found on the page ('Object expected'). How can I fix that?

Comment

No idea sorry, not something i've suffered myself. I'd guess that you've removed some essential JS files referenced in the head area, but that's a wild guess.

Comment

When I registered the design the system stated that it had added extra code ... but for some reason that went missing. I'm guessing from what you replied I need to get that back. No problem, thanks for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by neroe View Post
                    ... but for some reason that went missing.
                    LOL, that's about as woolley as a Welsh sheep with its winter coat on.

Translation (wild guess backed up by 5 years of hearing the same story): I got rid of those lines, i had no idea what they did, so thought i'd say bye bye to them .

TIP: whatever you do, leave the head area as standard.

Comment

Seriously, I didn't delete them. I know better than that.

Comment

Lee,
                        JavaScript and import of design issues are fixed. However, another issue has cropped up that I hope you can assist with please.

My design uses only divs. Before import everything was perfect in both IE and Firefox. Now when I view the site within Actinic my content div has shifted to the right. When I preview it in IE it looks the same as in the software. When I view it in Firefox it looks like it should do. I have checked that none of my class names in my .css clash with any of the same name in Actinic's style sheet and they don't so I'm not sure what has happened.

Any ideas as to what could be causing this?!

Comment

Sounds like either some bad coding, incomplete coding or size inconsistencies where the sizes set in site options (3 of them) do not work with the design. Almost impossible to solve blind though, especially if you can't do it with it in front of you. We're good on here, but not that good!

Comment

OK. If Actinics Javascript is not in my design then the design works perfectly. Put the Javascript in then it goes wrong (only in IE). So this must mean that my design is somehow not compliant with Actinic.

Which parts of site options must I alter to allow my design to appear as intended?

Comment

OK. If Actinics Javascript is not in my design then the design works perfectly. Put the Javascript in then it goes wrong (only in IE). So this must mean that my design is somehow not compliant with Actinic.
                              As you register a design, actinic does the necessary to make it compliant, i can only assume that again there has been some mysterious changes by someone after that stage. Perhaps you are experiencing bugs that noone else has in the past 4 years, certainly doesn't sound like you are doing things correctly on the surface to me though. A jolly good read of the manual seems in order, it will take less time to read up on it than it will to try and clean up the mess after.

Which parts of site options must I alter to allow my design to appear as intended?
                              There are 3 fields where the widths of the central areas are defined, it may be linked to that, it may not be, that was just a long shot as you seem pretty sure the code is up to scratch.

Comment

Working...
                              X