Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

changing background layout of only one product section

Hi folks,
    I have a site with quite a plain and simple theme. The client is having a 'special' on two products that are in their own section.
    Would it be quite easy to change the look of only one section, without this affecting the rest of the site? How would I go about doing this? Sorry, my Actinic is a bit rusty, as I haven't used it since December of last year
    Many thanks,
    Steve
    EDIT: it's actually just the background I would like to change within this section, if this is more helpful?

Hi Steve, do you mean section layout? a quick and easy way would be to go to the Design menu > Library > Section links and right click whichever current layout you are using and create a copy and change it. Then select that layout for the section in question under the Section's "Layout" tab. There are other ways such as using the same section layout but adding a blockif to show a different colour and so on but the above is a quick method.

Edit: Or do you mean the background behind the products?. You could do the same with the product layouts in the design library or change the product list layout for one section which surrounds the whole content.
    Last edited by peblaco; 31-Mar-2010, 10:04 AM. Reason: amendment
    Peblaco

Comment

Hi there
      Thanks for the reply!
      It's the background behind the products (I think)
      I will give both those methods a try, and hopefully it will work The quickest and easiest way will suit me!
      If I get stuck, I may ask for more advice if that's okay?
      Thanks again,
      Steve
      Originally posted by peblaco View Post
      Hi Steve, do you mean section layout? a quick and easy way would be to go to the Design menu > Library > Section links and right click whichever current layout you are using and create a copy and change it. Then select that layout for the section in question under the Section's "Layout" tab. There are other ways such as using the same section layout but adding a blockif to show a different colour and so on but the above is a quick method.

Edit: Or do you mean the background behind the products?. You could do the same with the product layouts in the design library or change the product list layout for one section which surrounds the whole content.

Comment

Hi there, I tried to do this, but got a bit confused, with the layouts and didn't want to mess up my existing site, so I have reinstalled the 'demo' site that comes packaged with Actinic. So for example, if I wanted to add only to the 'Books' section that displays all the books, Pride & prejudice etc in the demo shop a unique background, and also a banner graphic , where do I find the layout to change the code or how would I go about doing this?
        Thanks again,
        Steve

Comment

Hello again
          (I think) it would be a background to all the products in the central area, if that is at all possible? i.e all the pages on the site have a white background, but for this particular part, e.g books, it would have a background image.
          Sorry for my rustiness yet again!
          Steve

Comment

Quick method: Go to the Design Library then Product Lists, right click and copy to make a new list. Open and click on "Click here to edit list layout settings". In "Start of list" add:
            <div style="background-image: url('image.jpg');"> and in "End of list" add: </div> Click Apply. Make sure the image is in the installation folder. In the Content Tree section select the new product list layout.
            Peblaco

Comment

That's great!
              Thanks so much for such a detailed and helpful reply! I don't have Actinic installed here at home, but first thing tomorrow morning, I am going to use your advice & give that a shot!
              Once again, thanks ever so much!
              Steve

Comment

Thank You!

Hi again
                Just to let you know, it worked a treat
                Thanks so much again, for being so helpful! Have a great Easter Weekend!
                Steve

Comment

Working...
                X