automatically display missing/blank sections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

automatically display missing/blank sections

OK - hope the title was appropriate - not sure what to call this....

My site has everything in batches of 4 and the layout requires there to be 4 or 8 sections (i.e. multiple of 4). Where there is not a multiple of 4 we need Actinic layout to somehow add the additional ones. We can do this manually by adding a section and leaving description with just a space and add a small transparent image as the section image and it works fine - but this needs to be done manually in every section where there is not 4 or 8 subsections.

Can the system count as it goes then if only 2 or say 6 sections in Actinic it would add standard code to populate the layout for the additional/missing 2 sections.

It can always be the same code so using a condition to trigger it would be fine but I can not see how I get the layout to actually carry on past the last (6th) section to add another one or two that are not in Actinic.

Maybe the only way is blank sections? not sure but any ideas most welcome.

Hope I have been clear here as have searched the forum using various keyword combinations with no results.

Regards
    David Cunningham

www.truska.com
    -----------------------------
    ECommerce (SellerDeck) & Web Design, Hosting, Search Engine Optimisation, Social Media and Remote Backup (Truska Backup)

Have a go using the listindex and the listcount system variables, they should do what you need.

Comment

Thanks - will dive in and have at this over next couple of days....
      David Cunningham

www.truska.com
      -----------------------------
      ECommerce (SellerDeck) & Web Design, Hosting, Search Engine Optimisation, Social Media and Remote Backup (Truska Backup)

Comment

Working...
      X