Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HTML form in the product layout

Hi
    I would like to put a short form inside the product layout and in tabber.

But I have found out you can not have a form with in a form.

I was thinking to use a iframe but people say iframes are not good. Not sure why this is.

Could any one tell why iframes are not a good idea to use and if you any other way round my problem

Thanks

Elliott
    Elliott - Weybridge Lights

www.weybridgelights.co.uk

Use the prompt provided by actinic or Norman's multi info prompt possibly? iframes have a chequered past used to do dodgy things at times like make one site look like another by running it inside of a dummy site etc. They're ok to use if you have no better options though.

Comment

I was looking to add a short form on one Tabbs, so people can ask questions about the product and I can display the answers there for other people to looked at.

What I wanted to have a tabb called Questions & Answers and in that tabb show the form and any questions and answers people have asked.

I think the only way to do it is using a iframe. Unless any one else have a good idea how add a form.

Thanks

Elliott

Comment

If you move your Product Description (or the tabbed one) to the very bottom of the product layout, that will put it outside the product form (you'll see a </form> tag at the bottom of the layout). Now you'll be able to have a form of your own there.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks for the other way. Do you know or is there any where I can find out what parts of the product layout I must have inside the form.

Thanks

Elliott

Comment

Most of the product layout contains form elements. Look at the layout in Design mode or look at the generated source to see what's what.

Probably only the product name, image and description can be located outside the form. Possibly the price.

Comment

thank you your help and info.

Looking like I am going back to using a iframe. As the way I have my product layout.

Thanks Again

Elliott

Comment

Another possibility would be to use CSS to display code in a place of your choice that's actually defined after the form. Not my area but plenty of CSS tutorials out there.

Comment

Working...
                X