Basic layout query?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basic layout query?

I am not to happy with the graphical layout in my product list, which looks to be using "Product list with horizontal dividers".

I am happy with the general layout of it, but don't like the way the title text is squeezed into the right hand of the layout at the side of the image & above the spiel text.

I guess there is no sort of WYSIWYG editing available & I have looked for something that specifies the positions of the page components, but can't find anything.

Is there an easy way to edit this so that I can have the text the full width of the available space, with the graphic & text below, a bit like;

Title Text...........................................Title Text
    .....................as opossed to >.......Pic
    Pic...Speil...........................................Spiel

As you can probably imagine, I don't know much (if anything) about HTML, CSS..............

Thanks.
    Air Tech Equipment Ltd - Online Airbrush, Craft & Graphics equipment supplier

You are a level too high to start with - you need to be deeper - something like CSS Product Layout ... switch to the design tab and click on a product title to get the right layout.

To have the product name spanning across the top move the ProductTitle to the top and wrap it in a div eg:

<div>ProductTitle</div>

with the rest of the code beneath. A div without a declared width will span to fill the available space.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Appreciated, that worked well.

My "add to cart" button is at the top of the Spiel / product text - but it doesn't seem to be in the same layout page(Standard layout using CSS), but a level deeper in Addtocartbutton - but there doesn't seem to be any sort of position information there?

Comment

The positioning for the add to cart button is at the same position as where you added the new <div> as above ... if you click on the button itself you go a level deeper.

With most product layouts the cart button is floated to the right using CSS

Bikster

Comment

Thanks again for your assistance!!

Comment

No problem. After a while it will suddenly click and you will be hacking the layouts like a pro

Bikster

Comment

Working...
            X