Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Back Button & BreadCrumbs in extended information pages.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back Button & BreadCrumbs in extended information pages.

Hi all.

Newbie problem number 2.

I am customising the Silver theme. I've altered the extended information pages to look like regular product pages (with logo, top and side bars), as per the AUG. However, now there are no breadcrumbs on the page and no back link.

I've tried several solutions found in these forums but none appear to work correctly. Is there a way of doing this?
    Fat men are harder to kidnap

If you are a newbie, do yourself a favour and drop the idea of using extended info pages, use subsections instead, far easier and much simpler to do correctly. If however you do wish to plough on, select the design tab, click on the breadcrumb trail and note the code that creates it and try copy pasting that into your extended layout, i'd have expected that to work. The BC trail may be hidden in the list layout (i think), so make sure you open that to take a look at it.

Comment

I've already got a customised V8 website using extended info pages, but its years since I put it together and memory blurs, especially after I had a heart attack a few months ago.

Redoing the website is part of my phased return to work, supposedly helping me to avoid getting stressed.

Most of the time it works.

Comment

Sorted the back button but can't work out the breadcrumb trail - I think because of the way Actinic labels Extended Information pages.

Shelving this for the moment whilst I do more important bits of the site.

Comment

You can just add the code for the parent section list (below) to your extended info page.

Code:
          <actinic:variable name="ParentSectionListTop" />
          If you want the product name to appear at the end of breadcrumb list, go into the list layout settings for the parent section list layout you're using, then go to edit rows/columns then to last item/after and enter the following in the box:

Code:
          <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22%22">
          	&nbsp;&nbsp;&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;<actinic:variable name="ProductName" />
          </actinic:block>

Comment

Originally posted by bentleybloke View Post
            You can just add the code for the parent section list (below) to your extended info page.

Code:
            <actinic:variable name="ParentSectionListTop" />
            If you want the product name to appear at the end of breadcrumb list, go into the list layout settings for the parent section list layout you're using, then go to edit rows/columns then to last item/after and enter the following in the box:

Code:
            <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22%22">
            	&nbsp;&nbsp;&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;<actinic:variable name="ProductName" />
            </actinic:block>
            Fabulous! However, how do I make the preceding sections links? For example, I have a product:

Online Catalogue > Draytek > ADSL Routers > Vigor 2710

'Online Catalogue' is a link (but I don't really want it to be), 'Draytek' is a link - but 'ADSL Routers' isn't - which it wouldn't be on the product page, but I'd like it to be on the extended info page.
            -
            Justin Hill (Half-to-three-quarters-baked Mac expert, laptop evangelist and vintage Hammond enthusiast)
            http://www.cka-net.com

Comment

Go to the layout for whichever parent section list you're using e.g. Compact Parent Section List, then open Compact This Section Name layout and change

Code:
              <actinic:variable name="SectionName"/>
              to:

Code:
              <a href="<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsLoginPageSuppressed%22%20%2f%3e%20AND%0d%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22UnregCustomersAreNotAllowed%22%20%2f%3e" ><actinic:variable name="SectionPageName" /></actinic:block><actinic:block if="%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsLoginPageSuppressed%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20false%29%20OR%0d%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22UnregCustomersAreNotAllowed%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20false%29" ><actinic:variable name="SectionURL" /></actinic:block>" title="<actinic:variable name="SectionPageName" />" alt="<actinic:variable name="SectionPageName" />" target="_self"><actinic:variable name="SectionName"/></a>

Comment

Working...
              X