Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Product Layout Help

Hi All

Getting a bit more confident with Actinic and I was playing about with Dreamweaver integration and starting to tweak website and make look a bit nicer but something has thrown me and wonder if anybody can point me to the possible fix

http://www.fantasyprints.co.uk/acata...poloshirt.html

If you take this page there are there elements in the PRODUCT LAYOUT I can't seem to adjust. When I Edit the OUTER in Dreamweaver - only done minor tweaks so I don't break site this works great but I am having problems trying to fix the minor probs

1) The image at the top is a FRAGMENT but is over to the right and goes slightly off the page (it should align by the text on left but can't seem to find how to move/edit)

2) Gap between PRICE: and £4.95 can't see how to get rid off

3) The push to order grid (which I got to work with other users help tonight) I can't seem to be able to change the ADD TO CART Graphic even though I have changed on the Settings/General. This graphic appears throughout the site and even when i have changed theme seems to have got stuck at what is shown.

Overall I was wanting to fix the width of the the PRODUCT LAYOUT so these elements don't go over the edge. In the OUTER LAYOUT it is at 718 pixels but that doesn't seem to have any effect - so I must be adjusting the wrong thing.

Paul

Widths are defined in 3 place in site options, make sure you set all 3, also make sure you have an image only fragment layout selected and that it is not wider than the setting you put in site options. Also make sure that the width you define actually fits into the overall space allowed.

To adjust a product layout select it on the design tab, there are lots of pieces of code in a product layout, if you don't see any obvious <br/> in place then check top and bottom margins on the css controlling the various areas.

Get yourself firefix and the firebug addon, all designers use it to debug things like this, so you should too.

Comment

Thanks for speedy reply

"Widths are defined in 3 place in site options, make sure you set all 3, also make sure you have an image only fragment layout selected and that it is not wider than the setting you put in site options. Also make sure that the width you define actually fits into the overall space allowed."

I have found the three and changed but has had no effect. I wondered if the PRODUCT LAYOUT I have it working with a Percentage rather than a fixed. I thought CSS might be cause so I looked at the Actinic CSS and it lists at the bottom SILVER CSS but doesn't actually show what it controls and I couldn't see how you go in and edit it.

Looking for the addons now.

Comment

You can edit the Silver theme stylesheet from within the Design Library under Theme Stylesheets.

Comment

Just downloaded Firebug - why did I not know about this brilliant program !!!

Found it is a table set at 100% and the fragment image is sitting in the centre so there fore not aligned to the text below - just need to find where the table option is - but at least I know what I am looking for now.

Paul

Comment

Working...
          X