Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with Lightbox

Hi Guys,

Used the search function already and cannot find a topic relevant to the issues I am having.

We're running V9, and yesterday I installed a Lightbox Plug-In from Drillpine. After realising my error for why it wasn't working and getting error messages (I'd unzipped into the wrong file by accident) I thought I'd sorted it.

Basically, without waffling on too much (sorry if I do) it's screwed up the layout of products. If you apply multiple images to a product using Lightbox it moves the cart button from the bottom to the top. I'm fairly certain that it isn't meant to do that?

Also we only want to have the thumbnail images below the main product image which means we could just use the example layouts already loaded in the installation (No point customising it when that is the layout we wanted to use originally) OK, so if you select in the layout of that product for the thumbnails to appear below the main image nothing happens. No thumbnails, nothing. However if you select in the layout for them to appear beside the main image it all works fine.

I cannot see where I could/would have gone wrong? I installed everything as per the instructions (after correcting my first error of unzipping the files in the wrong place)

I emailed the guy from Drillpine to ask for help as I couldn't understand why it works for one layout and not the other and why it moves our cart button.

I just want to get this fixed and working like it should

Any help and suggestions are greatly appreciated

Thanks,
    From a very confused Tamz.

The simplest method is to revert to an earlier working snapshot and start again.

Failing that Drillpine always give instructions on both how to install land uninstall the add-ins. I suggest you uninstall the add-in then revert the problem layouts back to defaults and reinstall again being careful to follow the instructions exactly.

Comment

See the thing is when I installed the patch we got an error message saying that some of our orders might not be encrypted, so I've had problems from the word go.

I installed it all correctly and only half of it works. I will give that a go also and try some other bits and see what happens. I wasn't expecting to have to fiddle around this much

Thank you

Comment

OK, so I've tried what was suggested and it's now working-ish.

Whilst the multiple images now work, it's screwed the product layout.

See here:

http://www.bykebitz.co.uk/acatalog/c..._Multitec.html

The very bottom helmet has the lightbox multiple images and has moved the cart button, the price and the sizing drop down menu.

The helmet above is how it's supposed to be set out

Any ideas

P.S Just noticed the product title is now Light Grey and smaller font size, when it should be bold black and larger font size as shown in the product above. Argh

Is this a simple fix? If not can anyone suggest another install for multiple images? I can't see what and if I have done something wrong.

Comment

The add-in essentially just replaces your product image layout. It looks like you are using a different product layout on the last product. It may be the additional height of the image with the thumbnails that is breaking your product layout - not the mutli-product images as such. If you inspect the elements with Firebug you will see the styling differences.

IIRC the add-in also explains how to place it into your own layouts as well. You won't find another multiple images add-in that is easier to install than this one.

If your not comfortable with making the design changes required then it might be best you ask your deisgner to do it for you, it should be a relatively smple task for them.

Comment

Fret not - I've had a poke around with what you've just mentioned and got it to work.

Thanks for your help! It's good to know there are nice people out there willing to help a novice without getting narky

Comment

Working...
            X