Old design still visible in new design?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old design still visible in new design?

OK, so after the Lightbox issue earlier this morning, I set about clicking on all the links on the website and going through it in Firefox to make sure everything is how it should be. Then I came across something that I've not noticed before (seeing as I never click this tab) The 'Contact Us' page is using our old website design and not the new one!

I'm not sure how long it's been like this, because to be honest after the site went live in the 2nd week of September 2010 I assumed all would be well.

http://www.bykebitz.co.uk/acatalog/contact_us.html

Even the accordian menu doesn't work on that page.

I've mailed our web designer, although I don't hold much hope for them getting in touch any time soon as I've not been able to get hold of them for a good few days now.

Help, please?

Go into advanced theme configuration where you can see which design is applied against each of the different pages and check that the main one is also applied to the contact us page. Design | themes.

Important lesson learnt, always check every page, if you're going to have a contact page for people to contact you on, you've gotta take 30 seconds out to check it works.

Having said that, the link you have provided seems to be pointing to a brochure page or section page that you have created rather than the standard page, so select the said brochure/section page and check the overall layout applied to that page is the same as the others. Layout tab.

Comment

Hi Lee,

The 'Contact Us' page isn't in the content tree. I was never involved with the website from the beginning when it was v7 so I don't know what's been done. All I know is that all the info on that page is in the business settings within Actinic itself.

Thanks I'll have a look now and see what's happened. Not a great start to the morning as our internet has been down for over an hour

Comment

It could have been removed and an old version of the page left on the server hence the old design not overwritten in which case the page may need re-adding.
        Peblaco

Comment

Lee, I've had a look where you said and it would appear it is using our designers layout, so unsure as to why it's still in the old layout?

Peblaco, the 'Contact Us' has never ever been in the contents tree, but from the best of my knowledge is accessible from:
          Business Settings|Company/Contact.

All the information in that section is what is displayed on that page. I've been in the design tab to try and select it from there and have a look but it won't let me

P.S The whole site should have been re-designed and this page not left out

Comment

The said designer in question is away on holiday, so there is no way it will be fixed for atleast a week. Which is not good because if my MD sees it then I will not hear the end of it.

There has never been a 'Contact Us' in the Brochure page since I have been actively involved (Beginning of this year), very strange to say the least!

OK, so dumb question of the day how do I add another brochure page? I'm sure I know how but would rather get it right than fudge it up and make things worse

Yeah for sure atleast the page works and has the right info, it's just a pain in the bum and even more to add the the list of what's gone wrong since last week

P.S Thanks for taking the time to reply and help.

Comment

Backup first. Right click on Home in the content tree and New Brochure Page, make sure the Filename is contact_us.html right click and New Fragment to add content.
              Peblaco

Comment

Right click on the home page and select add new brochure page, call it the same as the wrong page and then add a fragment so you can add the content so it is like the old page. It will get overwritten then when you upload. Brochure page tutorial on my site so you understand them.

Comment

I love you guys

I'll do that as soon as my colleague gets off the machine that Actinic is on and let you know what happens. Fingers crossed!

Comment

It will work if you get page name the same, while you wait read the tutorial!

Comment

Read the tutorial, it's good! I wish I had an understanding of Actinic like you guys do. Would save me waffling to death on here

I'm uploading again (first time it told me there were coding errors)

Comment

It works! I can't thank you two enough

Comment

Working...
                        X