Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Specific Section Lists

Hi All,

I have searched all over for how I would achieve this but not having much luck at the moment. Could do with a shove in the right direction.

I am working on a V10 installation.

What I would like is to call a specific Section for an unordered list etc. Not all of them, just a specific section. And with the sub sections in the <li>'s etc

So I would get

Code:
    <ul class="single_section">
          <li class="single_section_li"><a href="top_level_section_1.htm">Specific Section</a>
            <ul>
              <li><a href="subpage1.htm" target="_self">subpage1</a></li>
              <li><a href="subpage2.htm" target="_self">subpage2</a></li>
              <li><a href="subpage3.htm" target="_self">subpage3</a></li>
              <li><a href="subpage4.htm" target="_self">subpage4</a></li>
            </ul>
          </li>
    <ul>
    So the sub pages would be generated by Actinic for the specified top section.

How would I go about this?

OK, what I am trying is the following.....

I have added a variable called SectionNumber - and given each top section a number 1, 2, 3, 4 etc

I then am trying the following, from Blocks Tutorial 3

Code:
    <ul id="nav-left-single">
    <actinic:block type="TopLevelSectionList">
    <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22SectionNumber%22%20%2f%3e%20%3c%3d%202" >
    <li><a href="<actinic:variable name="SectionPageName"/>"><actinic:variable name='SectionName'/></a>
    </actinic:block>
    </ul>
    If my thinking is right, then this is loading up the full top section list, then displaying just the Section with the ID of 2 in the <li>

But all this seems to be doing is showing the top 2 sections without the subsections...

Probable because I am asking it to <= 2

But if I ask =2 then it says that is invalid...

Just a question of syntax......

Comment

'Entiresectionlist' block gives you all sections, 'childsectionlist' block within that gives you its children, blockifs can limit the list to only show what you want by filtering on a variable you have created, applied and filtered said list on. 'SectionID' is a system variable already created to identify each section uniquely, use that.

Comment

Thanks Leehack

Got it sussed I think

Code:
        <ul id="nav-left-single">
        <actinic:block type="TopLevelSectionList">
        <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22SectionNumber%22%20%2f%3e%20%20%20%3e%20%203%20%20AND%20%20%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22SectionNumber%22%20%2f%3e%20%3c%207" >
        <li><a href="<actinic:variable name="SectionPageName"/>"><actinic:variable name='SectionName'/></a>
        <actinic:variable value="Sub Section List (No Images)" name="SidebarLists" />
        </li>
        </ul>

Comment

Working...
        X