Actinic Stylesheets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic Stylesheets

I'm new to actinic, I'm having trouble with the stylesheet, I'm using the silver theme, when I go the stylesheet and try and change something nothing happens. Am I missing something here, I press apply now and nothing changes. How can I make a site wide change?

Also Is there a way to reset the templates?
    Retro Sweets Shop

Are you changing the stylesheet within Actinic? The stylesheet must be uploaded by Actinic.

Are you making changes to the Silver Theme sylesheet or the main Actinic stylesheet? The Silver Theme stylesheet can only be modified by going to the Design Library.

What are you actually trying to change?

Comment

I'm just trying to figure out how it works in general so if I want to change the fonts or background color then I can. I'm selecting a theme "silver"

Then once in design mode I press the actinic stylesheet button on the toolbar, when I change something nothing happens. Is there a different stylesheet for each theme? If so how do I edit it.
      Retro Sweets Shop

Comment

The Actinic stylesheet you are seeing when clicking the button is the default main actinic.css file. At the bottom of this css you will see other stylesheets that are included when uploaded but need to be edited via the Design Library.

Comment

Ok I will try to edit this using the design library, I will be buying the full catalog next week some time so I'm just trying to get to grips with it.

It looks very good and the forum is great fast respones much appreciated
          Retro Sweets Shop

Comment

I can see how you use the library to edit the stylesheet that effects the different themes, but there are no body styles on this sheet. How can you change the background colour or use an image for example? if I make the change on the general stylesheet which does have body stlyes nothing happens
            Retro Sweets Shop

Comment

Also is there a way to reset the templates without having to re-intall the programme it would be much easier?
              Retro Sweets Shop

Comment

You can right click on any layout in the design library and revert it back to factory settings. The checkboxes also help you to locate any layouts that have been changed.

Comment

Thanks for that sorry about the sig link I didn't realise it had to be actinic related, could you advise me how I can change th background colour or use a background image please
                  Retro Sweets Shop

Comment

You can define a background image in site options, you have to choose whether it shows a colour or an image, so 2 steps, step 1 select false for color background and step 2 define your background image.

Comment

Ok I got that bit figured, 1 more question, in the site options, if I wanted to change the small text size for instance, I only have the option of 10px, the only way I can change this is by changing the size in the "smalltext" variable, is there not a way to add additional selections so I don't keep having to change the variable
                      Retro Sweets Shop

Comment

If you don't want to use the actinic variables to size various elements, then instead of using those, applying your own font-size style direct to the various classes instead, you do this like so:

font-size: 11px;

change the 11 to suit what size you want.

Or you can create your own new variables and apply the style to those and use those in the various classes. There are 5 sizes defined in site options, do you really need to use more than that, surely that caters for everything you could ever need?

Comment

I'm new to Actinic and as you can appreciate it is a lot to get used to, I see there are the five text size options in the appearance settings, but each of these control different text areas on the page, "Large text size" controls sub headings it says, which is set at 16px, how can I apply one of the other text sizes available? if I wanted to use "Extra large text size" 20px instead for the sub headings
                          Retro Sweets Shop

Comment

Each of those 5 sizes in site options are set in a variable, any of those 5 variables can be used (set) against any part of your site, so that part uses that size. If you take a couple of minutes out and study the actinic stylesheet on the design tab, you will see them being used in different places on various classes. If you currently have a class that is using a font size that you want to change, simply change the variable name in use, actinic even helps you out as you start to type the variable name and offers the completed names as options to choose from.

In simple terms:

Variable A = 10px font size
                            Variable B = 12px font size

If you have a class that is currently using variable A to get its size, but that's no good to you, you want it to be variable B's size, then simply locate the class in the stylesheet and change the variable name. If you study the stylesheet for 5 mins, you'll understand much better, it's actually very simple, just difficult to get across.

Comment

Thanks for the help I think I'm getting somewhere.....
                              Retro Sweets Shop

Comment

Working...
                              X